3/22 CRYSTAL AMPS 117, +3 146, +6.5 106, +10 133, PMPS 142 +4 133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by suki & crystal (GA), Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

last condo

My heartfelt prayers to those in Brussels who have lost loved ones today, so very sad. :bighug:

It's been a couple of days since my last post. Crystal continues to give flat blue numbers. I had to leave her yesterday for a few hours while I visited a friend in hospital, and was unfortuantely delayed longer than I had anticiapted, so Crystal was without food from about +5 until +11. She seemed a bit disorientated when I got home, her bgl was 85 but whether she had been lower I have no idea. My BF was with me and she hasn't seen Crystal for about a month or so, she was quite shocked by her deterioration in that time :(

We are off to the vet on Thursday morning with a lot of questions, whether I will get answers remains to be seen. I'm praying for a miracle really which, realistically, isn't going to happen.

I want to thank you all again for your amazing support and kindness, it means a great deal to me to know there are people who totally understand that she is "not just a cat" but my little furry soulmate and how lost I will be without her.

Vines to all those in need, especially for Elise's mum :bighug: and Tricia's Cinco :bighug:

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

:bighug:

Thinking good thoughts for your vet on Thursday morning. Healing vines to your sweet girl. And yes, we get it. She is More Than "just" a cat.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for you and Crystal. I hope you'll get some answers at the vet on Thursday. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and Crystal.

suki & crystal (GA) likes this.
  5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Suki and Crystal:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    You are constantly in my thoughts. I hope the vet can help on Thursday. Of course Crystal is more than "just a cat".
    Try and take one day at a time and enjoy that time with Crystal.............one thing to remember is most cats when they are ill are getting worse on the inside where we can't see it so we are protected from watching it so much. You are seeing Crystal being affected on the outside as well from this horrible disease so it is extra hard for you to watch someone you love going through it. I hope you can take comfort in knowing you are the most extraordinary bean to dear Crystal and she knows you love her and she loves you back.

The terrorism in Brussels is just deplorable.

6. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending more Prayers and Hugs for you and Crystal. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Suki)))). Some times, I just have no words, believe it or not. I will try to express my thoughts, though, because I care so much for you and Crystal.

You've done amazing things for Crystal. She might be weaker than she was when you started or even six months ago but she has a strong spirit. She will stay with you as long as she can and I hope you still have many happy moments together. I'm praying for good news from your vet. I'm praying that you and Crystal have a lot more time together where she feels good even if she is quieter or doesn't move around as much. The most important thing to her is that you always have and always will love her with your whole heart and soul every single second.

I hold you close in my heart. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

And I send prayers for those in Belgium. A very, very close friend of ours is the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO and they live in Mons but are in and out of Brussels. They have let us know they and all under his command are safe. But I pray for all those who are not.

8. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Suki - My prayers and thoughts are with you as you care for Crystal. You have given her amazing care and love. And no, she is not "just a cat" she is a Cherished, Adorable, Treasure. Hugs and Purrrs, Kathe and Coral

9. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Continuing to send my strongest prayers and hugs and vines for Crystal and you. It's hard, but try to stay in the moment- you can't waste time worrying about what tomorrow might bring, we just try to embrace and enjoy what today gives us..It's very difficult but it is the one thing kitties and dogs know better than us humans :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. suki & crystal (GA)

101 @ AMPS, usual dose of 10uR.

((( Julie, Carla, Sandi, Bron, Peg, Marje, Kathe and Ruth))) my tears are flowing as I read your kind and wise words and reflect on Crystal's life and try to hold on to the positive aspects. I know I couldn't get through this without your love and support, thank you for being there :bighug::bighug::bighug:to you all.

Sorry to be such an emotional wreck but meltdown officially over now, I need to be strong for Crystal's sake. Please keep us both in your prayers for the coming days.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Suki))) Sending my strongest vines for a good vetty visit on Thursday. Take it one day at a time with Crystal. Make memories, take pictures and video. She knows you love her as much as she loves you. :bighug::bighug: Cats live in the moment, she's having the best life with you. I see many prawns in her future yet.

The previous company I worked with had their European headquarters in Brussels. I've been in that airport numerous times and had many close colleagues working there. So sad that some parts of humanity would do this to others.

Grayson & Lu likes this.
  12. suki & crystal (GA)

@Wendy&Neko , thank you Wendy :bighug:

Same for me, I know lots of people in Brussels from my working life in London and have visited often. My first call yesterday morning was to a dear friend to make sure she was safe, which she was thank God. She retired last year from the EU Commission but used that metro station on her route to work. Where will this madness end.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  13. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding more vines for Crystal and hugs to you :bighug::bighug::bighug:

This group is a very caring and supportive one. We are all right there with you, pulling for Crystal.

14. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Reiterating what all have said above. Savor the memories - live EVERY day as if it might be your last.

There was a song I heard once, many years ago, on a soap opera (of all places), that I've not heard since, but it stays with me. "I'm gonna live live live until I die." A huge lesson for us all, especially in the wake of terrorism, but to so much more. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow on this earth.

... and although I doubt anyone here would say "She's JUST a cat!" ... let me just say that my cats, individually or as a group, ARE my family. I moved 1000 miles from "home" for a job 28 yrs ago. By choice and by circumstances I never had 2-legged children, but even if I had, they would be siblings to the 4-legged (and 3-legged) ones. They found me, and it was a cradle-to-grave commitment. That includes the bumpy rides we often experience with our special kitties.

Love knows no limits when you care for another being. Crystal is your child, and it's only natural to feel her pain and celebrate her victories. And those of us who have come to know and love you, feel the same love for Crystal. We're all with you, feeling her pain and celebrating her victories (with LOTS of prawns!). She will live live live until she dies. When that day comes, you will know that you did all you possibly can to give her the best life ever. And then she will live on in our memories and hearts. In the meantime... bring on the sunshine, outings, cuddles, and especially prawns!

15. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

Very well said, Ruth.

16. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

Suki,

I will keep my fingers crossed that you have something to take away from tomorrow's vet visit. Please keep us posted...I feel like in some tiny way I'm going through this with you...our cats almost mirror each other in their age and diagnosis periods...and it really hits home...Crystal could be Peek-a-Boo's girlfriend :cat::cat:. You both are many miles away, but I treasure you and sweet Crystal a great deal here.

Lots of hugs and kitty scritches,

Dawn :bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Suki}}}

I know so well the heartache of watching your baby deteriorate and not being able to do anything to prevent it. All you can do is keep her comfortable and make sure you and she spend every possible moment together loving each other. We are praying that the vet has some answers that will help Crystal stay with you for many more days and weeks. But however long she's here, just treasure her and your time together and know you have done everything possible for her. She knows that. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I don't have polite words to respond to anyone that says "it's just a cat", and I have relatives that take that view. They know better than to express it to me or to Mark, though! :mad:

As for those creatures in Belgium (I won't insult animals by calling them that), there is no torture strong enough to give them what they deserve. Life is hard enough, why do we have to make it harder on each other? Brussels is such a beautiful city. It's just so wrong for something so ugly to happen there - or anywhere, actually. :(

18. suki & crystal (GA)

Thank you Anne, I am constantly amazed by the love shown for Crystal :bighug:

As ever Lu-Ann you are the voice of wisdom. My DH said recently that I have done everything humanly possible for Crystal, starting when we rescued her as a 3 week old abandoned kitten. We've had 9 wonderful happy years together where she certainly lived her life to the fullest, followed by one year of illness, and throughout it all she has been a model patient, showing love and trust with everything that FD and acro have thrown her way. A very, very special baby girl. :bighug:

Thank you for your support Dawn, isn't it a shame we never get to meet up, we share so much together on this forum and make friends with people with a common love. I'm sure Crystal would have loved to meet Peek-a-Boo, although she has been known to be a bit on the fiesty side with handsome strangers.

(((Tricia))) you have known such recent heartache yourself Tricia and still have ongoing problems with your sweet boys. I really appreciate you takinug time to send us love and support.

I agree entirely with your sentiments about Brussels, those poor people who have had their loved ones blown to pieces, how do you ever recover from something like that.

Thank you again everyone for the love, hugs and vines, I'll post after Crystal's vetty appointment tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Suki)))), We are sending beautiful vines to Crystal for her vetty appt. tomorrow. I'm sorry that she is declining, but her love for you will never decline. Thinking of you this evening.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.