3/23 Aria @ o'dark hundred

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hope and Aria, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Up at 6 to check her out. All clinical signs were good and her bg was 279!!! Going back to TID to get her back in good numbers was definitely the right thing to do. That's the first non-black/red AMPS we've gotten in 9 days. Phew!! She was nice and hungry this morning and there was no pee under my desk to clean up. Going conservative on our shots for the day.

Yesterday she did 2/1/1.6. Gave 1.4 this morning although I'm about 99% sure I should have given 1.6, but again, I'm an err on the side of caution kind of girl. More data and I'll be happy :)

Hope everyone's having a nice morning. Free pastry at Starbucks (with coffee) if you print the coupon or download it to your phone.

ETA Update Below
    The lowest we made it down was 280 BUT except for a brief spike in the first 2 hours ps, we stayed in the yellow until the latest shot at +8. She was definitely back on the rise at +8, so this time I went slightly more aggressive and shot 1.6 instead of 1.4. Hoping that maybe we can get into the lower 200's today and hopefully see some nice blues sometime soon. Planning on checking at +5 then shooting again at +8. I seem to be able to hold her fairly steady with the TID shots. I'm also getting a lot of good data which should help.

2. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

News back from my vet (the one I like, not the one who gave me test results yesterday):

BUN, Creatin and Triglycerides elevated. Most likely from the high bg's and all the peeing (slight dehydration.) She said she didn't see any underlying causes and the results all matched up with the signs I was telling her about and her high bg's. She was good with me going TID and was VERY happy that I've been able to keep Ari under 300 for a 24 hour period. She'll see us next week for Ari's ear check and to see what progress we've made.

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Great news! I hope Aria sticks to those better numbers and maybe even goes lower for you. :)

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT Always nice to know the insulin *does* work, lol. Hope she continues to do well, and keeps the pee in the box!

5. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Well, interestingly enough, we got blue numbers today and steady ones at that. No dramatic drops or spikes, but she's been holding strong between 110 and 130 for about 4 hours (which for us is darn close to a miracle). Thought we were coming up, but then she decided to stay in her little trough. Unfortunately, that means that I'm in a no shoot zone for this shot with 7.5 hours to go until the next shot. However, this is the first time in a low blue in a week, and the first time she's stayed more than 2 hours without a following uber spike into the blacks/reds.

I figure I'm heading to bed and more likely than not some fur or beanie baby will wake me up and I can test her and possibly shoot then. To he** with trying to stay on a normal schedule :) At least my girl is seeing some good numbers.

ETA Woke up an hour later
    and she's back at 365. Gave 1.4 (just to be on the safe side) and am heading back to bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.