3/24 CRYSTAL AMPS 144, +3 175 +8 140 PMPS 167 back from vet

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by suki & crystal (GA), Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

last post

Well as expected the vet didn't enlighten me too much with Crystal's ongoing problems. By the time we arrived Crystal was very distressed and panting with her mouth open, she has never been this stressed before. She was also crying a lot at me to take her home, heartbreaking. The problem is that her nasal passage is closing, due to the bloody acro, and affecting her breathing. There isn't really anything that can be done about it but I am trying a homopathic respiratory tablet that might just make it a little easier for her. I asked about using an anti-histamine product and the vet said it would be a waste of time, it's not an allergy. She noticed that the weakness in her back legs has got worse, even from our last visit. I tried to get Crystal to walk a bit to show the vet but she just about managed to stagger to her carrier and get in it. She also had her claws clipped again. The vet also thought that she might be having trouble with her eyesight, probably due to the tumour pressing on her optic nerves, but she can't be certain. Crystal doesn't bump into anything but she has started to tilt her head over the last couple of weeks, another symptom? The vet doesn't think she is in pain or suffering, which may or may not be true, but she's certainly not a happy cat. All very sad to see her continuing to decline.

I'm going to give it a last ditch attempt with these tablets and see how she responds. After that I will seriously have to think about her QOL and what's best for Crystal, I just can't keep her going until she can't breathe any more. I've just tried to give her this new tablet, without success, so I've mashed it up and mixed it with a prawn, her favorite, and hope that she eats it. While she had her mouth open I could see that one of her lower canine teeth is nearly absorbed by the gum, the little front teeth are no longer visible at all. So now I know why she only eats out of one side of her mouth, it must be uncomfortable, if not painful. Poor baby.

Crystal has settled down and is now sunbathing in the garden after a traumatic day for her. One day at a time; lots of cuddles, endless love and prawns.

Out to dinner tonight at some good friends. The husband has terminal cancer and is a walking corpse, poor man, he's lost over 30 kgs. Going to be a difficult evening as they go back to the UK next week so this could well be the last time we see him. God, what a shitty week it's been.

Vines and wishes for those in need :bighug:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Grayson & Lu likes this.
  2. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Oh Suki! I'm so sorry to hear about dear Crystal. I don't have any advice to give, but you both are in our thoughts and I'm sending mega vines and purrs to you both. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

suki & crystal (GA) likes this.
  3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

No words... just sending lots of hugs and support.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers from us....

5. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Holding you guys close. A "shitty day" barely sums it up - but hopefully for Crystal, somewhat neutralized by the sunny garden and the prawns. Hugs.

6. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Sending vines, prayers and hugs from Michael and I.

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Suki))),
    We hope you and Crystal will have lots of good cuddles and sunshine today. So sad that there is little that can be done to help her. But the best remedy is love--lots of love.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Ella & Rusty

So sorry to hear about your friend.

8. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

adding more prayers and hugs.... after going thru a couple of ugly years.... I know the feeling.....

extra scritches for Crystal....

9. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Keeping you and Crystal in our thoughts and prayers. Good to hear she is relaxing in the sun and well deserved! :bighug::bighug:

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Please know that we are sending vines of comfort for you and Crystal. And lots of hugs.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. I know it's hard, but try to just focus on each day and make the most of the time you have with her. I'm glad she gets to enjoy some sunshine today. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Suki))))

I hope the pills will help her...that she will eat them with her prawns. That she has many days of sitting in the garden with the glorious sunshine. You are allowing her to walk this journey with you with very much dignity and that's so important.

I think of you two every day and just send as much love and prayers as possible.

image.gif

Prayers also for your friend. I know this time together is special.

13. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more comfort vines to both you and Crystal.

14. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Crystal got so distressed going to the vet........it must have been hard for you too.
    Sending tons of vines to Crystal....I hope the new tablet helps.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

I could not agree more :(

((((((Suki)))))) and (((((Crystal)))))
    You have my absolute strongest vines and hugs and love--spoil her - it's time for whipped cream and strawberrys to go with her prawns...You and Crystal are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope you can feel our love and support.

My heart goes out to your friend as well

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

{{{{{Suki}}}}} I'm so sorry it's such a bad day. This is a horrible disease and what you describe are all possible symptoms. Like others, I hope the tablet works and gives her many sunny spring days and prawns yet. Give Crystal some kisses on the top of her head for me.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Many Prayers and Hugs for you and Crystal. keeping you both in my thoughts. Wish I could do more.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so sorry... I sure hope the homeopathy helps sweet Crystal. I have had some good success with homeopathic medicine:bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking for you and Suki. I hope the pills help. Love and hugs.

20. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

(((((((((((Suki))))))))))) I wish I could take some of your pain.

21. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Suki}}}

I'm so sorry the vet didn't have any magic potions to offer you. I understand the position you are in, and I know how agonizing it is. I continue to send vines and prayers for Crystal to have more good days and for you to be able to spends some quality time with her. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

We're with you, Suki. You and Crystal are part of our LLL family.

I worried about headaches with punkin. And I'm so sorry about your dear friend. Life is precious, love is forever.

A million hugs from me to you. :bighug: Enjoy the sunshine with your sweet girl.

23. suki & crystal (GA)

I'm overwhelmed by your love and prayers for us both, thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart, it is a great comfort to me to know you care and understand all too clearly the problems we face. Many of you are fighting your own battles but still make time to share advice and offer support.
    I am deeply touched by your love and compassion and am honoured to be part of this worldwide family - you are simply the best.

Hugs to you all and your sweet kitties :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Suki and Crystal xxx

24. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Sending vines, prayers and love your way

25. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

More prayers and vines. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I don't know if this will be useful - in Persians and Himalayans, cats with brachcephalic/flat faces, they do specific kinds of sinus surgery to improve breathing, described here.

27. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

More hugs and comforting wishes coming your way this weekend, Suki. I'm sorry the vet had no solutions....it feels a bit lonely when your vet can't offer much. Peek-a-Boo's belly is so bloated these past few days, it looks like it could burst. He always has a pot belly, sometimes it just looks so uncomfortable ! Give baby girl Crystal chin scritches for me.:cat:

Dawn :bighug::bighug:

28. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

My civvie Mai Tai is a Persian and had stenotic nares (small nostrils) She had the surgery and it has helped quite a bit with her nasal congestion, but unfortunately with Crystal, that tissue is constantly growing...not sure it would be effective for acro symptoms.

29. suki & crystal (GA)

@BJM thanks for sending the link BJ. Unfortunately I don't thinkt here is anything that can help Crystal's breathing problems, she certainly would not survive any surgery. It seems as if her nose, mouth and throat are taking the full force of the acro :(

I agree, she's good on sympathy but no knowledge or suggestions on acromegaly. Sorry to hear that Peek-a-Boo's belly is proving uncomfortable for him Dawn, unfortunately another acro symptom that we can't do much about.
    Thanks for the scritches for Crystal, sending some to Boo as well :bighug:

30. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Suki, just want to offer more hugs an prayers for you at this difficult time, I am really hoping that the tablets help Crystal.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

We are all with you both. Feel wrapped in our light, hugs, and vines. Each day is precious and I offer prayers for more sunshine and prawns.

Marilyn and Polly

32. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you both during this awful time :bighug::bighug::bighug:

33. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

{{hugs}}

34. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

Suki I am so sorry for your difficult situation. Sending vines and prayers for Cristal.

35. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

More prayers and love for you both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.