? 3/25 Prince PMPS 168

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Prince’s Mom, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

I’m waiting and will retest in 10 minutes

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hmmm...what are you waiting for?

3. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

He had a hypo when I shot a 178 the other morning. It was what led to his dose reduction.

4. Sue and Luci

Ah...I see...

The trick to preventing hypos -like that one - is to be sure to get a 2+ . Lantus takes about two hours to reach max effectiveness...

It looks like he's rising now, you should go ahead with your regular dose. Please be sure to get a 1+ and a 2+ if you're nervous about which way he's heading.

The #1 defense against hypos is a good offense! Test, test, test...and you'll see those numbers starting to drop...anytime there's a bigger drop than you're used to, a teaspoon or two of MC, and watching him closely will help stave off those lower scary numbers.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

I usually get a +2 after AM shot during the week, but that was a Saturday so I went back to bed. I try to get a +3 or +4 after PM shot. Do I need to get a +2 at night also?

7. Sue and Luci

Yes

8. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

His AMPS seems to be getting higher. What could be causing that?
    It will be hard to get a +2 every night. If we do go out as a family, it has to wait until after his PM test and shot. We live in a fairly rural area. Getting out and back in 2 hours is tough. With covid we haven’t been going out much. Once the restrictions are lifted, we will want to be out more. Not to mention vacation, never being able to sleep in or go to bed early.
    This is all so tough.

9. Sue and Luci

It'll get better over time as you make adjustments in your schedule... I had to rearrange my schedule a few times until I landed on a better time for our family.

Sometimes we go out earlier and are back by 6 p.m. - sometimes we go out right after 6 p.m. - and I leave food in the auto-feeder in case we're going to be out past that 2+.

I know it's now always possible to get a 2+, but when you're home, just before going to bed it would be best to get it most of the time...

We don't have any restrictions here in Florida and are able to come and go as we please - so that's not an issue - but Luci's schedule has sometimes prevented me from going out and doing things that I'd like to do...I try not to talk about plans to do anything around her - she always has other ideas! I promise you it'll get better over time...