3/26 Mouzer: PMPS 102/+1 102/+2 84/+3 68/+4 69/+5/+6 60

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cherryl & Mouzer, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

I am wondering if we should think about considering what if Mouzer has gone back into remission. He did it abruptly in 2017. It was like a miracle then.
    Mouzer's normal bg ran around 90 and up to 125 then, when going into remission and for the years while in remission, and at times he would throw me a 150 while in remission. That is kind of another reason I fear shooting these low numbers.

3/26 Mouzer: AMPS 82/+.5 93/+1 82/+2 84/+3 67/+4 81/+5 67/+6 72/+7 74/+10 87
    3/26 Mouzer: PMPS 102/+1 102/+2 84/+3 68/+4 69/+5/+6 60

3/25 Mouzer: AMPS 102/+1 105/+2 98/+3 78/+4 67/+5 58/+6 61/+7 65/+8 74/PMPS 109/+1 90/+2 58/+2.5 51/+3 58/+3.5 47/+4 62/+4.5 61/+5.5 64/+6 77/+10.75 103

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Congrats on shooting your first green! When I saw your thread and AMPS, I assumed you were stalling.

It's too early to say if he has. We would need to see a lot more green and dose reductions to conclude that his pancreas don't need external insulin.

The 2U depot can affect 4 to 6 cycles after a reduction. So even though you've reduced today, you are still dealing with the depot. So you MAY just have another cycle or two like yesterday, unless he decides to bounce!

3. Cherryl & Mouzer

If he falls way into hypo today, God forbid, I wont do this again :)
    If he goes so low I cannot bring him up with food, I will go back to SLGS. I wont deal with this fear and too, my entire day halts with this and I cannot keep that up. And I did not get to sleep until nearing 3am, to wake at 5am - I cannot keep going with no sleep. We will see how today goes.
    I am already dreading that this is another day of no sleep and nothing getting done but to sit on top of Mouzer.

4. Bandit's Mom

Deep breaths! :) There is no reason to think you cannot bring him up with food.
    I know it's very hard but it's totally worth it! He is doing so well and not even a month on insulin!:bighug:

Feed him spoon of MC at +1 so that he doesn't drop at onset. Again at +2 if he is significantly lower.

Cherryl & Mouzer likes this.
  5. Cherryl & Mouzer

He went into remission in just 3 days over a month on insulin in 2017 and he did not get reductions then, but to go from 1.25 to 1u to the next day of NS and remission while staying in blue and green...
    He just went from 2u to 1.75u, so same type of reduction in comparison to 2017's just prior to remission and staying in blue and green;
    We are shooting in blue and green now and at a higher dose.
    I am hoping 2017 will take place again.

He is not happy. And he is confined to the bathroom, making him even more miserable, but if I do not do that, he will hide and I cannot spend my day searching for and chasing him around the house. He spent last night's ordeal confined to the bathroom. He wants out of the bathroom.

P.S. The reason I did not stall is because everybody will yell for me to shoot, while repeating the TR 50 protocol, which I am already quite aware of lolol
    But I am also aware of Mouzer's past, which impacts my thoughts. So, I shot and mumbled, If he dies, I did not do it :D
    Hoping for a safe day with Mouzer.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Cherryl & Mouzer

amps +1 82 1tsp lc, 1tsp mc

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Cherryl & Mouzer

amps +2 84 holding the 80's well...
    Possible active cycle to come, whatever that means :D
    Or possible remaining flat... Or possible bounce to come... OR hahaha

8. Bandit's Mom

Very nice surf. Feed him another spoon of LC mixed with MC and I think you can wait till +4 to test him again.

9. Cherryl & Mouzer

He wont eat... He wants out of the bathroom... Not sure to laugh or sigh or both :)

10. Bandit's Mom

Let him out. He will eat at some point. One can hope!

11. Cherryl & Mouzer

If I let him out, I will have to search for him and chase him down for testing.
    That is not a fun ordeal. I have a bad foot and just having to walk around as a norm is painful but having to walk and run all over the house is far more painful and leads to my not being able to walk at all, so I cannot let that happen. I have to walk ahahaahaa

12. Bandit's Mom

How about locking him up in a room rather than a bathroom? Will that work?

13. Cherryl & Mouzer

No - He goes under the bed and I cant get under to drag him out. I was trying that earlier but he knows what to do to give me a hard time :D

14. Cherryl & Mouzer

amps +3 67 1/2 tsp mc, 1/2 tsp hc

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

16. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hey Cherryl,

Hope you're doing ok today. :bighug:

When you get a chance, would you change the +3 from last night with the 47 to a lime green so that it's easy to see when the reduction took place?

17. Bandit's Mom

All well, Cherryl?

Cherryl & Mouzer likes this.
  18. Cherryl & Mouzer

amps +4 81/+5 67/+6 72
    +7 74 2T lc

I spent today testing and sleeping. I brought Mouzer out of the bathroom and to my bed. Even though it is totally interrupted sleep where I probably get in maybe 20 minutes each hour, I did manage to get some kind of sleep where I do have have the massive headache and nauseated stomach going on.

Mouzer was more calm and let me test, being as I was crawling right back to bed with him. He did not care to eat. His numbers were good enough not to have to feed, so I fed him when he finally let me know he wanted something.

I assume this evening will be more of the same. I need him to be where I do not feel so worried that I have to test every hour. I am not accustomed to this low shoot, so these numbers scare me and cause me to have to test like I do. Perhaps over the next few days, if today's types of numbers continue, I can feel more comfortable and skip an hour at least, with going two hours and so on.

I am also worried because there are things I have to do away from my home that are placed on near total stop right now and I need to be able to get back to work.

So, here is to, what I see as, a good day for Mouzer - And although my world is over here falling down around me with nothing getting done, I did get in a little sleep today. And not too long from now, PM will begin ahahahaahahaahahahaha

19. Cherryl & Mouzer

I apologize for quickly throwing out to show Mouzer's numbers for today and making post and gone....
    I had a few things I had to hurry and get done.
    I am taking time now to read any posts in the condo and pm's ...
    Bear with me!! I am coming along, slowly but surely :D

20. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You!! I keep the previous day's link on notepad to easy grab for following day, but I forgot to change the notepad there hahaha
    Thank you for noticing and letting me know!

I am ok :D Just having my melt downs here and there but I will be ok. Hopefully things will hurry and get to where I do not feel so worried that I have to test every hour and I can get on with the work that is falling behind. And thank you for telling me about the lime green. I had the two times within that hour and I was not sure which green to use :D And I hope you are having a good day too!

I apologize for exiting but I fed that mc and hc, made the post, set the alarm and went to bed and just did nothing but that today, test, see if Mouzer was hungry, set alarm, sleep, repeat hahahaa But I am ok and I will be ok. Thank you for being here and going through this with me and too, going through my melt downs with me and giving me pep talks. I appreciate your taking the time to help me keep going. And in time, IF these numbers can go like today with not so many lows, I will get used to this and can schedule life accordingly. Thank You so much for everything!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  21. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

22. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Mouzer's doing great today - see how shooting green gives you such lovely flat cycles.:D Lots of healing going on.
    But that was because he'd had a steroid shot and it was working it's way out of his system back in 2017. That was almost 4 years ago and will likely be different this time. Though he is making good progress. The sooner you can get him regulated when they come out of remission, the higher the odds he'll go back off the juice again. So great job. :)

23. Cherryl & Mouzer

And I thank you for each and every one of those hugs and I reciprocate :)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  24. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am hoping to see more of those cycles. I think life can be worked out with it hahaha

25. Cherryl & Mouzer

I will be doing the norm of late with Mouzer. If I run into issues, I will dig out my laptop and get here. I am not able to leave my laptop out unattended, so I am putting my laptop away and going to do this with Mouzer and hope there are no issues. I will post the numbers as soon as I do get my laptop out and set up again, unless emergency, I will dig it out and make sure I have help with Mouzer.

This is one way for me to be able to tend to Mouzer, tend to other kitties and the dogs, get some work done and grab sleep whenever I can. I just am not able to do this and have my laptop set out at the same time and reporting numbers every hour does end up taking time too.

My laptop requires just about as much sitting as does Mouzer hahahaha This is because cats will destroy my laptop if I am not right there to make sure that does not happen :D And taking my laptop in and out is a chore in itself, because I keep it in a bookbag with its power chord and mouse and put away in a closet, so it remains safe.

I wish the best for all of the kitties and parents. I hope everyone is having or has had a good day and night :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.