3/27 Mouzer: PMPS 129/+2 111/+4 105/+7 90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cherryl & Mouzer, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a relaxed day for Mouzer and myself. He is having something predictable, so he must like this dose so far. I do not understand the depot and I have read the sticky many times but my mind has a hard time grasping when to know what is taking place. So, I do not know if this is depot stuff or new stuff but whatever stuff it is, is working pretty well thus far :)
    So, Mouzer! Just keep doing the stuff hahaha

I wish everyone a great day with their furry children :)

3/27 Mouzer: AMPS 109/+1 103/+2 91/+3 68/+4 59/+5 56/+6 46/+6.5 68/+7 81/+9 57/+10 84/PMPS 129/+2 111/+4 105/+7 90

3/26 Mouzer: AMPS 82/+.5 93/+1 82/+2 84/+3 67/+4 81/+5 67/+6 72/+7 74/+10 87/PMPS 102/+1 102/+2 84/+3 68/+4 69/+5/+6 60

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

That's great! No longer need to lock him in the bathroom? :)

Were you able to advance your shot timing further today?

Cherryl & Mouzer likes this.
  3. Cherryl & Mouzer

He is being happy in his favorite spot on my bed and not even running when I come with the ear pricker package :)
    I was able to move back by 30 more minutes today. I still have four more times, four more days, to do this, unless he does go to yellow and I can steal an extra 30 for the day hahaha

My husband has made sure to inform me to make sure I am not in his way with Mouzer when I get to 4am *roll eyes*
    I assured him I will make a way for Mouzer, where there seems to be no way hahahahaha

carfurby (GA) and Bandit's Mom like this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

That's excellent, Cherryl. A big problem taken care of.

Btw, don't worry about posting your numbers every hour. We shall wait to hear from you when you can get your laptop out. :)

5. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You!
    I am not sure when I should seek knowing if dose is to increase, if no decrease. From what I am understanding, they only get a decrease when they get below 50, but I do not know when to ask if an increase is needed.
    My 'guess' is as long as he stays majority green, he stays on same dose, but if he starts going majority blue, then he might need an increase, so correct me if I am wrong in my guess.
    I read all over the forum and gather information while I do that, and so far I think this is what I have gathered. And of course, if I run into an issue of danger where I am uncertain what to do, I will be sure to rush for laptop and get on here to find out what I should do for Mouzer.
    At current, I am waiting for an amps +2 and once I get that, I will put everything away and report later on, as long as there are no issues.

6. Cherryl & Mouzer

Have a wonderful Caturday! We love Caturdays :D

7. Cherryl & Mouzer

Does Mouzer already need a reduction?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

This is only the 3rd cycle on the new dose. The depot of the 2U can affect 4-6 cycles after a reduction.

Going to tag @Marje and Gracie and @Wendy&Neko for dosing advice.

9. Cherryl & Mouzer

OK Thank You
    At +5 with 56 I gave him 1tsp MC
    I gave him 2tsp HC with the 46 reading @+6
    And at +6.5 the 2tsp HC has him at 68, so the HC did pull him up and I looked over the SS and for 2tsp HC, that 68 is about right for an HC pull up.
    I am getting another test in 30 minutes to see what he does next.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

You should be able to switch to LC and hourly tests if he stays flat or is higher at +7.

How is he handling the testing and feeding? :)

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're getting the hang of when to test and how much to feed. Good job today. I hope Mouser keeps surfing safely.

12. Cherryl & Mouzer

LOL Maybe I freaked a little and went a little to heavy with giving 2tsp hc :D oops
    Mouzer is being ok at this time. He has not had to have the food ordeal to go with every test and it seems that was getting on his nerves.
    As for right now, with the every 30 minute test, he got a little uneasy but is being calm.

Is this just for the 2u that it affects 4-6 cycles or is this for any amount of units?

13. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You and I may have let my freak out over the 46 cause me to toss in the second teaspoon hahaha
    But I guess that is ok. It doesnt seem to have killed him but I hope I did not do damage to send up to the blues.

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If you gave too much HC, he'll come back down and you'll know for next time. It's the only way to learn. :bighug:

15. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank you!!! I will test in an hour and see what I did ahahaahhaa

16. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Because it’s just the third cycle after the last reduction ( oils still be the higher dose depot), he didn’t go too far below 50, and he came up quickly, I’d suggest holding the dose.

Wendy&Neko and Cherryl & Mouzer like this.
  17. Cherryl & Mouzer

Ok Thank you for checking it out for me. I was surprised to see the 46, so I did not know what to think.
    Should I ask if he needs a reduction every time he does go below 50? Just so you all can check it over?
    I dont want to bug you with it but I am not wise to know what is taking place in these cases.

18. Bandit's Mom

We've all done that at some point or the other! :)

It's for all doses. Larger doses can affect the depot for longer. But with TR, we usually hold the dose at least 4 cycles after a reduction. Unless, the CG has a tough time getting the cat over 50.

Feel free to ask for dosing advice every day if you'd like! :)

I think it might be safe to give Mouzer a break from testing till +9.

19. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank you for the information on depot and cycles for doses. I will pay attention to that, so I can learn, but I think it is best that I ask than for me to just take upon myself to do the stupid things I am capable of when freaking out, so I am glad you all dont mind that I do ask. And about the waiting for a +9, Mouzer thanks you greatly :D If it all looks ok, I wont come post it right away but if something is awry, I will be sure to get here. You are in your night hours, so I hope you get some rest :)

20. Cherryl & Mouzer

I can see this is going to be a learning experience for me in how to better read what is going on.
    I have gone from wondering if Mouzer already needed a reduction, to now wondering if he is going to need an increase, to not knowing if this is a bounce and if it is a bounce, can this possibly finish with no increase, no reduction, but to stay same dose .... I am eager to learn what is going on right now. This is interesting to me. Again and again, and as I have said, and will always say, many times over, Thank You to everyone who has stepped out to help.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  21. Bandit's Mom

Welcome to the roller coaster that is feline diabetes! :)

The effects of the 2U depot may be wearing off and he is settling into the new dose. We give it another day or two to see what this dose does for him and then take a call. I see you are already addicted to green! :D

Hope you are catching up on sleep tonight!