3/29 Jasper AMPS 342 / +3 219 / +7 53 / +8 after honey/gravyfood 179 / +11 214

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

So... this happened...

He seems fine ... he never had any symptoms of anything other than eating very very fast, faster than I've ever seen him eat... when he was at 53... and he hadn't even really asked for food... I just gave it to him when I saw the number.

It was at +7 and with the insulin he seems to not ask for food for a good normal amount of time, same as his brother, so he hadn't had any food since his AM shot.

So grateful for this forum.

My syringes don't go any lower than the .5 he's already getting...at least I can't see how they could...less than that and it's like nothing is in the syringe.

So I think we're skipping it tonight... testing some more, and try again in the AM.

The vet said to call and update her after the first week...They're open on saturday but I don't know if she works on saturday. They're closed on sunday but I think her late hours are on monday.

Thanks for listening to my rambling lol

2. Jasper Blue and Jay

They were both looking everywhere for food so I tested him and he's at 214 for +11 ...

I thought the honey and high carb food I gave him earlier would have raised that number more so definitely not comfortable giving him insulin tonight especially since I'm too physically and emotionally drained from the day to be able to stay up and watch him tonight.

3. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA) Well-Known Member

I use U100 syringes with the conversion chart- http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm
    Tonight, I only dosed him .2 units, which is only at the half mark on the U100 syringe. Just be sure to look on the conversion chart and be confident that you're giving him the right dose. Jack was only 115 at his pre-shot number tonight, so I gave him the smallest dose possible on the syringe. Actually, I've even given him .1 on that syringe by eyeballing it. And I'm about ready to do a +2 test on him now, and that will determine whether I'm comfortable enough to not set an alarm to test him again. It's nerve-wracking to dose him when his number is that low, but he's usually low at his pre-shot p.m. number, and I don't want him to be missing so many doses.

Djamila and Jasper Blue and Jay like this.
  4. Jasper Blue and Jay

The .5 already seems like such a tiny amount I can't even imagine being able to see a smaller amount in a syringe.

Good luck to Jack :bighug: healthy numbers.

5. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Actually, each line is pretty easy to see on the u-100 syringes. But they're just not spaced far apart.

Djamila and Jasper Blue and Jay like this.
  6. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Thanks! But he seems to bounce all over the place. Right now, at only + 2, he was 261. There's just no rhyme or reason to those numbers at all. But at least I can go to sleep now.

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.