3/29 Mouzer: AMPS 90/+2 93/+4 82/+6 67/+8 86/PMPS 85/+2 105/+4 116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cherryl & Mouzer, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

LOL I just left here :D

3/28 Mouzer: AMPS 148/+2 119/+4 93/+6 92/+9 83/PMPS 75/+1 85/+2 58/+3 54/+3.5 49/+4 60/+5 58/+5.5 60/+6 57/+7 48/+7.5 62/+8 69/+9 84

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    KittenTheCat and Bandit's Mom like this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Might be another hectic cycle with Mouzer. See if you need to use HC/MC earlier in the cycle to give yourself and him a break from testing.
    You must be exhausted! :bighug:

Cherryl & Mouzer likes this.
  3. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am not sure what I should do here. If it is that he must drop to the 30's before a reduction -- And if I intervene in the 50's and even in the 40's and not let him get to the 30's ... Then I will forever be up all night and poor Mouzer and his ear being stabbed every hour and every 30 minutes ... You know.
    And I am not complaining. I am speaking with my brain and logic lolol

So, being as this strict protocol for Mouzer, the unpredictable cat, has been thrown at me, that he is to get into the 30's before a reduction, I have to think on this. I will not always be here to intervene. I have made that possible but nobody can make that possible forever. I read that people who work can do TR but if it is like this, how do people get to go to work and do TR and how do people go to work with no sleep and do TR?

I hope the 1.5 sticks because if we do go back to 1.75, how are we going to make it where a human can actually be human :D
    And for kitty Mouzer to get to be a cat who is not stabbed every hour or every 30 minutes?
    I wish I was the bionic woman but I am not her :D

And you do realize as long as I can be here with Mouzer, I will not let him go without intervening. I am just trying to make a point, that I wont always be able to be here, so I will not follow any such protocol for him to go into the 30's. I will take him back to SLGS before I put his life in that danger.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

I get your point. The kind of back-to-back low green/lime cycles you have had can be challenging even for those who are used to low numbers. It's too soon to say, since he has had only one reduction so far, but maybe he wants to come down the dosing ladder as fast as he went up it? At some point, he will give you a breather and become more predictable. This downward momentum is good. Let's not stop it prematurely. It will slow down at some point.

Just hang in there for a little more time? :bighug:

5. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am hanging hahaha by a thread maybe but I am hanging.
    I just feel if we see take place what we saw take place last pm, this is not a time to throw the 30 bgl rule at me :D
    I think last pm tells us that Mouzer is still the unpredictable cat he has always been, that much we can see.
    So, there might have to be some things made special in his case. No hammers.

Suzanne & Darcy and Bandit's Mom like this.
  6. Cherryl & Mouzer

Because of last night and the amps +2 being similar to the amps, I am going to just leave my laptop outside on the carport, so I can share what is going on in case it goes like last night. We can hope Mouzer settles down today but I do have to be prepared in case he does not.

I have to get some work done but I will be on top of this. Hopefully Mouzer does settle, so I can leave the house and tend to what I do away from home.

I am here, I am just afk :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Mouzer surfs safely for you today. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You! And the same for your Furball!!!

9. Cherryl & Mouzer

Mouzer's amps +4 is ok so far. I am still going to wait until +6 and see what we have before I decide if I can leave the house for a while.
    And I say that but who knows ahahaha Mouzer could decide he wants to go down at +7 or +8... And maybe not :D

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

Very nice cycle so far!

11. Cherryl & Mouzer

@Bandit's Mom

Mouzer is 67 at amps +6
    Do I need to test in an hour or dare I wait for two?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Cherryl & Mouzer

LOL And I suppose waiting til amps +9 is out of the question ahahaahaa

@Bandit's Mom

13. Bandit's Mom

I think you can wait two. Feed some more LC.
    This cycle looks like a repeat of the AM cycle of 3/26 - so far - which was also the first cycle on a reduced dose.

14. Cherryl & Mouzer

OK and thank you for noticing that about 3/26 - I will go look at that and see what went on but it seems I recall that was one of those more normal days. If it turns out he needs to go back to 1.75, that is all ok, but I think I would have worried myself to death if we did not at least check it out and see if he his running down the ladder a little bit and the 1.5 will do good for him.
    I think today would have made me sick on 1.75, after last night. I will give him the two hours and hope he is up a bit more to make me comfortable before I decide to go anywhere. I would not feel comfortable leaving with a 67, unless it were that we knew better how he would go but for now, he is not so predictable.
    I will be sure and come record amps +8, just so you can know where we are because you are here and helping and you should know these things :D
    Thank you again for everything!!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. Cherryl & Mouzer

@Bandit's Mom

amps +8 86 and Mouzer is being hungry. He has not eaten anywhere near his normal food intake for am hours today. I think last night was a bit much and he just was not up for eating. The ear pricking was starting to get to him last night and I do understand that. I am going to give him a good meal now, since he is up for eating, and that way we have three hours before shot time to get it all worked out of his system. I am going to go run get some things done that I have to do away from the house, in these last three hours I have.

I guess you will be going to bed by the time our pm hours start but the pm hours were comfortable for life on 3/26, so hopefully things will run more on that order this evening. Thank you again, for everything, and you get you some good rest for yourself!!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  16. Bandit's Mom

Looks like he is headed up for the cycle and it's safe to give him a testing break till PMPS. It's not necessary that his PM cycle will mirror the one on 3/26 but I hope it is comfortable and you both get a rest from testing!

I'm off to bed and will see you tomorrow morning for me / later tonight for you. :)

17. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Wow, Cherryl. You certainly have your hands full with Mouzer. I admire your stamina! I hope this 1.5 dose will work well for him and things will settle down for you.

18. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Depending on how sensitive Mouzer is to carbs you can decide to controllably let him drop under 40 and as soon as he hits that 39 you carb him up. We did that with Chico on the 26/3 because we saw him going very low for previous few cycles. The idea is we shouldn’t hold them on a too high of a dose artificially for too long because the depot will keep on filling and when they decide to really drop then they might drop too quickly too low. Its a matter of optimizing not decreasing too soon and not decreasing too late - a constant decision making process and the decisions are not becoming easier :D

19. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Wow is Mouzer doing great!

On reductions......when a kitty seems bent on coming down the dosing scale quickly, sometimes we have to tailor the reductions to the cat. I would start by taking a reduction when he drops below 40 unless you just took a reduction the cycle or so before. You have to be cautious and stay on top of this because we usually recommend an immediate reduction if a cat is in the 30s but you have to balance that with taking too many back-to-back reductions due to depot.

We use the three drops between 40-49 for cats who fail reductions. For long-term diabetics, you can still use this but it isn’t necessary with Mouzer right now.

Besides the reduction method of a week in normal numbers, we also say if you have a cycle where you are fighting to keep the BG above 40, reduce. It’s always safer to take a reduction sooner and have to go back up then to wait too long and be fighting really low numbers for hours and hours.

20. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am laughing @my stamina being admired bububahahaahahahaa
    There aint anything here but an old lady trying to stay up with her cat ahahahaaha
    And I so do hope 1.5 serves Mouzer well and even more hope is that he actually puts me through the same all night ordeal up the 5th cycle, so he can get another reduction :D But at least I could get a couple of days rest and some work done before I have to pull another all nighter hahaha
    Thank you for your kind words!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  21. Cherryl & Mouzer

I do not even want it to come to that I have to keep Mouzer above the 30's and Bandit's Mom has said we feed the 40's, so I would not want to have to keep that up and this really needs to be where we are working towards where that Mouzer can hold his own without intervention. No one can sit on top of a kitty every day or every night and all night -- and tend to business that life calls for and tend to self either. I understand having to do this while we work to get Mouzer's needed dose but the main goal should be .... work to get the dose that Mouzer can stand on with his own four feet lolol I almost said ... on his own two feet ahahaaha

22. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

well we do this as intensive for now because we hope they will stand on their own without any dose at some point :D as long as they are active it means there some healing process happening :) but trust me we as well want our nights back haha

now we are shooting 7 AM and PM, we are considering to push it a bit earlier to 6AM and PM in order to get the +6 at a more reasonable time.... what time do you shoot?

23. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank you so very much, Marje! You do know Mouzer and I am glad we made the right move. I know it was a hard decision for Bandit's Mom to make but she saw what was taking place all the way around and I agree that this reduction was a right move and if he needs to go back with an increase, we can always do that, but better to be safe with this reduction.

24. Cherryl & Mouzer

I have taken Mouzer from a 9a/9p shoot now back to 4:30a/430p and original goal was 4a/4p but my work begins at 4am, so I might continue going back until I read 3:30a/3:30p :)

And I am getting out of this condo now, creating one for today. I hate that I brought this condo up top this morning but there were a few replies for me to make but I will get out of this condo now ahahaha