3/29, Susie, 245 AMPS, Increase and Pen Question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Mar 29, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I have used every pen of Lantus and Levemir to the last drop. As long as it stored in the fridge (not in the fridge door) and looks clear, it should be good for use.

Good luck with the increase!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

The 28 days for the pen is for humans who carry it around with them. Most people keep their pens in the refrigerator and use them to the last drop. Good luck with the new dose.

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Great. Thanks!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Carla.

6. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Congratulations for your decision and good luck with the increase :bighug::bighug:

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  7. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase!

8. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Marina. Wonder how long it will be before I see some positive changes. She has had really different numbers today.

9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Margaret. Your pretty Pearl is doing very well!

10. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hi Summer. I was just wondering why I hadn’t seen a post from you today. I think I missed it. So I went looking for ya! How’s Susie doing? Eating?

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

You probably won’t see it on the first or even second day. I hope very soon though!!

12. Summer and Susie (GA)

Hey Suzanne. Susie is eating well today. I've been in a living nightmare with the switch from AT&T to Spectrum. I'm not going to get into it all but missed visiting my FDMB friends today. I know I won't see a change today and maybe not even tomorrow. I just hope she doesn't decide to go low on Thursday when I will be gone from 7:30 am until noon. Thanks for checking on us.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Susie, Did you mean to write 2 into your PM shot column this evening? I see a 2 for the AM dose...just wondering about that being a typo (I do stuff like that all the time!)

I hope that IS an increase as it looks like she needs it...and yes, it'll take a day or three for the depot to adjust to the new dosage plus the old dosage and no one ever really know when it'll balance and there will be enough there for her needs.

And just for what it's worth - if you have big plans for Thursday, don't say anything else about that where she can hear you - seriously! Every time I've ever had to go somewhere Luci would start THAT very day with a nice lovely number and then just wanted to surf - YES - for the first time in days...on that very day! It's like they have a special telepathy to pick the very worst of days to decide to let loose and finally hit those great numbers.

For me I have to rely on the auto-feeder to take care of making sure she has plenty of food when I just cannot be there to test/feed, test/feed. I had surgery a while back and sure enough that morning she was a lovely low number - but she was going to be on her own until early afternoon that day - thankfully the auto-feeder was in place because, well...life happens and we can't always be there for our kitties.

The other inconvenient time for a kitty to go nice and low is at night - I recall @Sarah and Blaze - he used to love to go nice and low whenever it was late and night and his poor mama was exhausted from working two jobs!

It'll get better over time...

14. Summer and Susie (GA)

Yes, I should have put 2 units in last night. I have corrected the spreadsheet.

I actually have to go out for a few hours tomorrow too but I think I can put that off until Friday. Thursday is a MUST day for me to go out and I will be gone from about 7:30 (EST) until noon. I will address this in my new post dated 3/30.

Sue and Luci likes this.