3/3 Jasmine. PMPS~428 • +2~416

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by flyingduster, Mar 2, 2019.

1. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

previous day

So I tested her around PM+7.5 and it was red, so I just went right back to bed and we all slept in until close to 8am! So no other tests prior to her AMPS.

So she’s had her shot and now we just see what she will do at +2. Today I am going to spend the day at my mums, but I am only 5 mins drive from home so can pop home to test as needed really.

2. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

That sounds hopeful. Though I guess we still have to be prepared for the fact she may never go in to remission either.

I work every Monday (9 hours spent away from home) and every second Saturday (away from the house for 8-9 hours) both times I leave only a half hour after her morning shot.

I was thinking last night that I may be able to train my sister how to do tests, as she is here caring for my kids on the Monday. Saturday is just hubby here and he has been stubborn about ever trying to test her again, but I might be able to convince him?? I wouldn’t hold my hopes on him doing it, but I’m pretty sure my sister would on Monday’s. So that only leaves every second Saturday where she can’t be checked (but that someone is home to notice behaviour and give food etc).

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  3. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

+2 is a bit of a drop now. I’m going to head over to mums, but can pop back to check her. I’m thinking maybe around +5-6 sorta time?

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

She may be significantly lower by the time you test her at +5, but it seems as though you have some margin there.
    Make sure you leave some food out for her so she has access to it yesterday she ate when she was dropping.

5. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

She has food out and hubby is home to feed her. I can go home sooner if need be, it’s only a five min drive away and I can leave the kids with mum to make it quicker.

Gill & George likes this.
  6. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

I popped home at just after +4 and she was yellow, so dropping but not drastically? Hubby has offered to try testing her again next time (!! I didn’t think he would!) so will see how that goes, otherwise I can pop home again and test her again in another couple of hours. I don’t feel as though she’s at huge hypo risk right now though??

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Tell your DH that all the best DH’s eventually learn how to test. ;)Took me a while too, mine could shoot but had a hard time with the test. Gave me freedom once he started testing.

I don’t think you are at hypo risk at this point.

8. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

My mom was adamant against testing. Felt like we were torturing Ming but now she tests like a pro. I had lots of upsetting conversations with her about testing and she used to be a human nurse too and understood the importance of it. She was just against it because our previous vet had recommended against testing. But after she saw our new vet and how well Ming was taking to testing, she learned quickly.

Glad DH is willing to learn again!! Maybe he saw how ridiculous it was for you to drive home when he was home already to test haha

flyingduster likes this.
  9. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Haha yeah it was possibly a bit ridiculous for me to drive home every couple of hours when he is at home. Haha.

And he did it!!!! He just txt me her new reading. She’s dropping quite a bit, so I’ve asked him if he can test her in another hour to see which way it’s going now we are at the +6 point. It’s actually closer to +6.5. It’s still not terribly low so I still don’t think she’s going to drop dangerously, but I wanna keep tabs on it too of course!

Wendy&Neko and Gill & George like this.
  10. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

+7 shows she’s surfing along now so should rise up from this again right?

11. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

She’s rising again nicely. Will be interesting to see how high she goes up over the next few hours before her shot.

12. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Has been a bit of a steep curve today. Sigh. But it’s early days! Let’s see what +2 and the night brings on.

I am working tomorrow, but hubby has proven today he can test her so I can hopefully get him to do that tomorrow again too.

13. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Fantastic that DH has stepped up!!?
    He'll do great.

He can log in if he needs help and can't contact you.

flyingduster likes this.
  14. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

I work mostly alone and my boss is totally happy for me to have my phone on me and use it as needed (my boss is 21, he is way more attached to his phone than I am! Lol) so hubby will be in contact with me fine. Yay!

Just getting myself ready for bed but staying up until 10 to do Jazz’s +2 and get an idea of what the night will be like. Fingers crossed it’s not a big drop...

15. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

It’s a pretty level +2, so hoping for another calm night.