3/30 Mouzer: PMPS 109/+2 82/+4 56/+5 55/+6 52/+6.5 53/+7 55/+8 56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cherryl & Mouzer, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

Good Morning and I wish all kitties and parents a great day!!

I went to bed at 9pm, actually 9:30pm, on March 29th!!!! And I slept until 4am, so that I could get the shot in for Mouzer this morning at 4:30a and get on with my morning work I have to do. I am thinking that Mouzer is now bouncing off of the March 28th's hypos. I am no pro but this is my guess, as I am working to learn how to read the chart and understand what is taking place, so that I can know my cat :D

Mouzer is very pleased with the ear pricking break he is getting and I am waiting as I watch how he goes with this 1.5 dose. I think this could take until at least 5th and 6th cycle before I find out if the dose needs an increase or if the dose is just what he needs or if I will pull another all nighter, and as much as I wish for no all nighters, I would prefer to do another one with it taking his dose down even more as we go :D

3/30 Mouzer: AMPS 143/+2 129/+4 75/+8 68/+10 128
    3/30 Mouzer: PMPS 109/+2 82/+4 56/+5 55/+6 52/+6.5 53/+7 55/+8 56

3/29 Mouzer: AMPS 90/+2 93/+4 82/+6 67/+8 86/PMPS 85/+2 105/+4 116

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It does look like Mouzer is bouncing from all those low greens. I hope he comes back down soon.

Cherryl & Mouzer likes this.
  3. Cherryl & Mouzer

Oh! Thank You for your insight on the bounce. I hope to get more like you, where I can understand what is going on.
    I was just fixing to find your condo and wish you a most wonderful day! But I will do it here!
    I do wish you and Furball a most wonderful day!!!!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  4. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am adding a post here to say...

I do want to thank everyone for pushing me to SHOOT when Mouzer is 50 or above! I got up the nerve to do it in the 100's hahaha And then the nerve to do it a little lower and a little lower until my lowest shot of 75bg -- That is a miracle for me :D And it has been the best thing for Mouzer! Thank You!!!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks. It hadn't been posted yet. Furball's AMPS is 6AM EST. I just posted it.

6. Cherryl & Mouzer

I was digging in my box of supplies that Jill had sent to me in 2017. She sent the half unit syringes and I just found a box of FreeStyle 28 gauge lancets in the package. They were under all of the syringes, so I did not see them until a yesterday. I have been using relions 30 gauge and the needle is longer. I really like these FreeStyle with the shorter needles. They appear to be less painful for Mouzer. He is not really noticing the prick as bad as he was with the longer relion needles. I just ordered an order of 300 to have for Mouzer. I have been going through test strips and lancets like crazy hahaha

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Glad you worked up the nerve to shoot! Remember 'shoot low to stay low' :)

Looks like a not bad surf today either...barely a high roll on those blues ... sorta kinda a bounce? Let's see where Mouzer heads today? Nice numbers so far!

8. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am hoping this goes like it did when we went 2u to 1.75 and the 6th cycle makes me stay up all night, so Mouzer can get another reduction :D But of course, that remains to be seen but always remaining hopeful :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Looks like you may be able to step out after the +4, should you wish to. Your AMPS is now 4:30am?

10. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am at 4:30/4:30 today and will go 4/4 tomorrow and so far all looks ok with Mouzer for me to do that ... After that, I may take this to 3:30/3:30 so that I am able to get Mouzer's shot in and start on my work. I normally start on my work at 4am, so getting him done at 3:30a will let me get started and just test him for what is needed.

I was going to go up to a +6 today but being as you think a +4 will be fine, I will step out and get some much needed work caught up around here and another location I have to go to for tending to animals. I will get a +10 just to see where Mouzer went from +4 to +10 ... and then we start the PM hours, which I do think I might get some more sleep tonight and so, hopefully by 6th cycle, Mouzer makes me stay up all night because he wants another reduction haahahahaa And I understand, we may have to keep 1.5 and we may have to go up to 1.75 again, but forever remain hopeful :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Cherryl & Mouzer

@Bandit's Mom

With that amps +4 being 75, now I am curious if he goes down lower during the next four hours or if he goes up. I think I will try to get a +8, instead of +6 or +9, and get an in between. I would get a +6 and +9 or +10 but I am trying to leave Mouzer alone because we never know when he will be hit with another cycle of ongoing ear pricking ... I like to call it stabbing lol it makes it sound as dramatic as the way it makes Mouzer feel.
    I am going to put away my laptop, so I wont get in any more for a time. If I am not too tired later this evening, I will get back here and put in what I have up until that time.
    Thank you for being around in my condo regularly. It is nice to know someone is looking out for us and making sure we are taken care of and doing well. You have been a very special lady. In case you are not around when I get back, you have a great night!
    P.S. I have not called you by your name, Bhooma, because you have not told me to and I was not sure if you wanted me to do that, but if ya prefer Bhooma to Bandit's Mom, let me know :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Bhooma has stepped away for the moment. Are you stepping out, out? I'd feed him as you normally do, as per your ss. Looks like he surfs nicely with small bits of food every couple of hours. Just leave some food out for him while you're away.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  13. Bandit's Mom

That's quite a drop at +4. Not sure when you will see this, but I would get a test before +8 or +9.

And of course, you can call me Bhooma. :) But if you need to get my attention, you would need to use the tag (@Bandit's Mom) so I get an alert.

14. Cherryl & Mouzer

Well! I didnt get to see your post until now :D I hope he did not go lower than the +8 68. He is acting fine, so I assume he is alright. I am waiting to do pmps here shortly and I thought I would get my laptop out to get this up, so you can see where he went. I will be getting his pmps +2, +4 and see if I need a +6, but I think I will set an alarm to get something in between when I stop, if stop at +4 or +6, and amps for tomorrow. I will add his pmps for this evening in just a bit. And thank you, Bhooma :)

15. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank you :) I did not get to see your post and just now see it!! It looks like things went ok :D
    I cant know if Mouzer went any lower but if he did, I hope it was a safe ride.

16. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I can't picture ever being there with my cat (shooting that low) but that is okay with me. We have much bigger problems than that. However, I'm super happy that it's working for your cutie pie, Mouzer!

17. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am glad I did get up the nerve and the drops, so far, have been comfortable to deal with, although quite exhausting. I could not keep that up for too long. If he ever drops below 45 and hc does not bring him up, I will be having another freak trip and prolly will be doing the tsp of honey in hc and hahaha must add the karo rub to mouth :D Those are my rash decisions hahaha

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  18. Cherryl & Mouzer

I just looked back on Mouzer's SS and the first cycle of the second day on that dose was also 109.
    Mouzer got a hypo in that cycle but the pm cycle was somewhat higher.
    The third day began with 148 and ended with the struggle to keep him into the 50's.
    We are on day two of dose reduction. I will be observing and learning.
    Mouzer could need another cycle or two past the sixth, to see what he needs, or we could know something by 6th cycle, or he could need longer hahaha or, or, or, or -- The Sugar Dance -- The Sugar Coaster -- It is fun to learn, even though we hate that our kitties have to go through it and us with them.

19. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Looks like Mouzer didn't give you too hard of a time today. He's looking great, Cherryl!

20. Cherryl & Mouzer

So far all is going well, minus that he has diabetes at all, of course :)
    I am still tired from the pm March 28th all night party Mouzer decided we would have :D
    It takes several days to get over this kind of tired.
    Sleepy, just sleepy. I can sit down, hang my head and doze off, and I am one who struggles, as a norm, to get my body to fall asleep within a three hour time frame. Yesterday, as I sat waiting for shot time, only a short time away, I dozed off. I did not hear my alarm when it first went off and luckily I heard it go off again at ten minutes prior shot time. I couldnt believe I did not hear that alarm! LOL Just so sleepy... I could sleep for a year, uninterrupted :D
    And thank you for stopping by with kind words :) I hope and trust all is well for you and Ruby.
    I have been so tired, I have not been able to keep up with dropping by to say hi and I apologize!!

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  21. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

No worries at all! Keep your eyes on the prize, Cherryl. ;):bighug:

22. Cherryl & Mouzer

You Too!!!!

23. Cherryl & Mouzer

pmps +4 56
    hahaha I am not going to rest just yet :D
    Mouzer likes to partay hahahaha
    =^.^=
    All (S)He Wants to Do Is Dance (Don Henley song) - Eagles

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  24. Cherryl & Mouzer

Just passing time away. I have to be up in three and a half hours and Mouzer is still dancing with flat low numbers.
    Even though no hypos, he is low enough not to allow sleep. I have not even recuperated from the night before last haahahaha
    Mouzer must think I am a young spring chicken heehee

25. Bandit's Mom

Looks like he's surfing nicely even without food! Btw, your AM units column only has the food and not the units.

26. Bandit's Mom

Feed him a little MC. Will he eat that? You cannot feed 2 hours before the shot and you don't want him dipping too low to shoot in the AM!

Guess you haven't gotten any sleep at all?

27. Cherryl & Mouzer

LOLOL Thank you for letting me know about am units missing. I have been making mistakes all day today, not just that but here all around the house.
    I am in zombie mode hahahahaaha Mouzer is doing well with holding the 50's. I opted for LC because I want to see how he holds his own and he has held it and he does not want any LC ... But I know he would eat mc and hc in a heartbeat heehee

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  28. Cherryl & Mouzer

The mc will only hold him 30 minutes to an hour -- That is what I have put together in watching how the food affects him.
    The hc throws him up there by about 10 numbers or points or whatever you call it but still, they dont hold long.
    If I give it to him now, how will this be good to hold him up for shot time? Just so I do understand :)

29. Bandit's Mom

Just half a spoon or a spoon at the msot.

30. Cherryl & Mouzer

Can you explain to me how feeding to bump him up now will help?
    I just want to understand is all :)

31. Bandit's Mom

I don't know if he is going to be flat till AMPS or dip at the end of the cycle or start going up on his own. I am hoping food will give him a bit of a bump or reduce duration so he starts heading up.

Where are you in the cycle? +8?

32. Cherryl & Mouzer

At 12:30 est will be +8, three and a half hours before I give the shot, because I am giving it 30 minutes early to be at 4am est.
    To feed him at this +8, should I do mc or hc?

33. Bandit's Mom

I would feed a spoon of MC and get some sleep. It has been almost 3 hours without food and he is surfing. If MC is all he will eat, feed it and get some shut-eye till AMPS. Why don't you shoot at 4:30am today so you can get half an hour more of sleep? You can advance it tomorrow.

34. Cherryl & Mouzer

Ah bleh :D 30 more minutes sleep isnt enough to concern over ahahahaaa
    If he is still in the 50's at +8 and I give mc, I am still going to want to test because my nerves wont let me leave him without his being up around 67 or higher ... For all I know, he went to the 50's this afternoon and I missed it!!! If his numbers are too low at 4am, I will wait til 4:30am to give him time to come up but if his numbers allow the shot at 4am, I will do it then.
    What has been going through my mind is, tomorrow is 5th and 6th cycle, so 1.5 will be talking to us - will it talk softly or loudly and make me stay up all night again ahahaahahahaahahaahaha Oh Boy!!
    Going to go test now.

35. Bandit's Mom

He has not dipped without food in almost 3 hours. He should be fine. Especially after some MC. I would get some sleep. You cannot function like this.

36. Cherryl & Mouzer

He is +8 56 and I gave 1tsp of mc.
    You think it is safe enough to lie down?
    I hope he is not at any 52 or 53 for shot time and I have to shoot ahahahaaha

Marina & Chico and Bandit's Mom like this.
  37. Bandit's Mom

Yes! Please do.

38. Cherryl & Mouzer

Ok! I think I will do as you suggest and stick with the 4:30am shot time for this go round, just to give him time to get up in the numbers, hopefully. And he may run up there to the blues but may as well wait and make sure he is up. I prefer he is into the higher 60's ... really up at 75 where I have already shot but I have to take you alls word for it that shooting in the 50's is not the number I am shooting at ... Although I am not sure now with nadirs and longer being in the 50's lol Is it that I am still not shooting in the 50's?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  39. Cherryl & Mouzer

@Bandit's Mom

If Mouzer is in the 50's at shot time and he being in the 50's since at least +4 til now ... should I stall any or shoot?

40. Bandit's Mom

Go to bed. I will be here at AMPS. If you get a number in the 50s, don't feed and post here.

41. Cherryl & Mouzer

Okie Dokie Buddy Rokie :D
    Maybe he will be on up into latter 60's or even in the higher green or the blue--
    But if he is in the 50's, I will do as you say there, no food and post!
    I will go lie down a short bit now. I can wait til 4am to wake up, so that will get me two and a half hours sleep maybe.
    I normally would not fall asleep but I am long past sleepy from the other night and now tonight, so I bet I am sleeping in 30 minutes :D
    See ya in my tomorrow!! Thank You!!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  42. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

hehe, Mouzer really gives you some work :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Chico as well decides to be more active in the night than in the day:blackeye::blackeye: