3/4 Blackie

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

We haven't really been doing a sliding scale because I don't have a scale, but I have been changing the dose almost every shot to try to keep up with Blackie's bg changes. Here's a recap from yesterday
    3/3
    amps 334 3.2u
    +7 112
    pmps 151 2.4u
    3/4
    amps 440 3.2
    +6 211

Obviously the 2.4 last night was not enough, but I was afraid to shoot more on a 151. If you look at his spreadsheet, you'll see that it has been a challenge to figure out what to shoot almost every time.

I'm still waiting on the c&s. Blood work came back yesterday and you can see it compared to previous bloodwork on the link below. Basically, his BUN & Creatnine numbers are slightly higher than last time, but still not bad. Potassium was good and so was HCT. They didn't do phosphorus which I was unhappy about. I called the vet this am and asked if the lab still had the blood and could they run the phosphorus. They called me back and said yes. So I should have that tomorrow. I like the new vet, but I'm still learning what I have to ask for specifically and what they know I need.

We have been having beautiful weather lately - 50's during the day - and Blackie is loving it. He and the dogs spent most of yesterday out laying on the grass. I'm sure he'll get some time this afternoon too.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday Eve.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

You sure do have your work cut out for you with Blackie's dosing. I don't know how you manage to keep it all straight, honestly. Kudos to you. :)

I'm glad that the vet could run the phos still; that will be nice to have. It sounds like the vet is working out great for you so far. It's such a comfort having a vet you can really work with. I still miss our vet from the DC area. He was wonderful, and at the time none of the pets even had issues so we really only saw him for routine stuff.

The weather is gorgeous here too! I just got back from walking Cassie and she was acting like a puppy again! She would run ahead of me (we have the 16' flexi leash so she can get pretty far) and then look back at me, wait for me to catch up, then run again. It was so cute and it made my day. I think she must like the temps as much as I do. I know the cold weather is hard on their arthritis. My 3 don't go outside but they do love to sit in the window and look out, especially when the birds take over the backyard. We have a nice window seat in the living room that looks into the backyard, and they will sit there for hours watching the wildlife. Kitty TV. :)

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I have to warn you, Kitty TV can be dangerous. We slept in last weekend (after the shot) and didn't open the blinds until we got up later. Bitsy shredded the blinds so she could watch the birds through the window. She's the office cat and she jumps from my desk to a shelf over and over trying to get at the birds. It's cute until we have to get new blinds. :mrgreen:

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Those are some nice #s though mixed in there, that is really nice to see!!! 151 is The Perfect Preshot!!!! It takes some trial & error to get everything going smoothly, and Blackie with his curve balls... whew!!! But that is really nice to see those blues in there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.