3/4 H

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Gator & H (GA), Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

H is doing well. Eating less currently and thus needing less insulin. He barfed yesterday right after I gave him his big meds morning [cypro, pred & chlorambucil] - so not sure how much he really got.

The AWESOME news is that moms has come out here again from the mid-west and has offered to take care of H while I split. I'm in the middle of re-training her - it really give me sympathy for the older folks here and their presbyopia. I've decided to take advantage of the El NiƱo and do some boarding WHOOT WHOOT! So I should be missing most of the mid-week next week [I will not be checking FDMB LOL!!!]. I think Mammoth is the destination - Alaska Air/Horizion has now direct flights up there that I can probably grab at crazy prices. I was hoping to grab some outrageous powder and Mammoth isn't especially known for this, but whatever. So anyone know where I really should be going let me know? If I had moderator power here I'd start a "what's you fav slope?" poll. Other than that, if you think you can make it, any ya'll are welcome to catch some mountain top rays and moguls with me!

This is so unreal, I so can't wait to get away! I so need a break - I'm so ready!

2. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Hey G! Good for you and safe travels! I worked in the airline industry doing commuter hops to top destinations in Colorado...What about Steamboat Springs, Aspen, Keystone (you have Frisco and Copper Mountain there also, but is is a drive-to destination), Montrose, Crested Butte? All lovely places and great powder this year! Have fun! We will miss you here next week!

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Gator,
    It's great that your mom can help you with H so you can get away. If you wanted to come this far, I would recommend Telluride over Steamboat just because Steamboat hasn't had much snow this year. I don't know about CA skiing, but I've heard Whistler in BC is good too.

I hope you have a great time!

4. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Whistler/Blackcomb up in BC totally rock, but with the Olympics and the exposure, not sure if that's the best bet.

5. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Have a great trip! And show your mom fdmb. We'll keep her entertained while you are gone. I'm looking forward to her comments.

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

If you are contemplating moguls, you must still have good knees!! For me, one year the presbyopia started (WTF?!?) and the next year it's been the knees. And a h*ck of a lot earlier than I thought these things kicked in!!!!

So enjoy those slopes while you can still see them, and still not mind the bouncing, lol!

I'll be curious to hear if you find the slopes remind you of glucose curves (hmmm, this slope is perfect, this one seems a little reboundy, and this one is too high & flat!). If so, you probably needed the vacation. ;-)

Hope you have a great time!

7. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

Have fun!

8. Terry and Puttz

Terry and Puttz Member

Telluride, awesome, but really difficult to get to....

9. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Mammoth is supposed to be a high of 16F [low of 9F] on Tuesday. That's COLD! I might chicken out. Brrrrr. Am I crazy for thinking this is too cold [from what I can tell the rest of the days should be a max of 25F]? I'm used to t-shirt weather [or close to that] for boarding. Thank you all for all of your suggestions. I've done Whistler and was not happy there. Plus there's quite a trip for the airport. Did anyone see the Olympics and the cruddy weather? That's what it was like when I went - I got rain in between the layers of my goggles and was totally done for [it doesn't come out overnight].

Telluride really piqued my interest and I've mental noted it for when I'm looking for more great adventure than just wanting to spend every possible rare moment I have right now boarding.

10. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Yeah, that was some freakish February weather at Whistler.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whooo hoooo gator, sounds great. i heard there's a mountain of snow right now in mammoth. record breaking amount.
    the only slope i've done there, years ago, was the bunny....hey i was a beginner. but just loved the area.
    happy skiing!

12. Alice and Tabby

Alice and Tabby Member

You have fun and enjoy. I am a beach girl myself.

13. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Wow, Gator, that sounds awesome! How wonderful that your mom can come and help you out with H. You definitely deserve a break; you give H such great care but I know it is exhausting (and I don't even do 1/4 of what you must do for H).

I can't weigh in on the slopes discussion other than to say I love Park City. It's been awhile since I've been there but they had awesome skiiing (can't speak to boarding, unfortunately; I've never gotten up the nerve to try it). If I win the lotto this weekend, maybe I'll join you on the slopes. However, I have to remember to play first. ;)

14. Molly

Molly Member

awesome. i'm jealous! have a great time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.