3/4 Minnie PMPS 305, +2.25 176, +3 270, +9 294 [alert alert we are on the human meter!]

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Liz & Minnie, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

AlphaTrack pet meters are so yesterday...

:smuggrin::woot::D First official reading with the Freestye Lite!

Just as easy to use as the AT (0.3 sample and the Zipwick strips) but strips cheaper. Used the last AT strip this morning with the PM +9. Just for myself, I'm still taking backup readings with the Petsure strips / AT meter, where blood sample allows. Still may switch again later to Novamax when those strips arrive.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome on the meter switch! Minnie looks better already, though she is bouncing. :rolleyes:

Suzanne & Darcy and Liz & Minnie like this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Great that you switched meters. I was super hesitant to switch from the Alphatrak at the beginning because I was concerned about communicating with my vet but in the end it has not made any difference. You'll see some lower numbers which might make you feel a bit better. :)

Come on down from the lemon tree, Minnie, and bask in the sunshine of the beach!

Suzanne & Darcy and Liz & Minnie like this.
  4. Liz & Minnie

She seems better today, too. Sleeping on the back of the couch instead of under the table. Been sticking with the 5% food today but I might mix it with the 2% chicken tomorrow to see what happens.

I ordered the Freestyle over a week ago and it feels like forever. Curiously the strips came with a code on the container although the Freestyle doesn't require a code...so I figured I'd try the Freestyle strip in the AT to see what happened. That code (16) wasn't available on the AT, it skipped from 15 to 17! What a racket.

Suzanne & Darcy and FrostD like this.
  5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yay for the human meter! But yes, unfortunately you cannot use the Freestyle strips in the AT. Even if you could get readings doing that, I wouldn't trust them.
    Nice flat yellow cycle today. Sometimes a flat yellow cycle happens just before the bounce starts to break. I'm curious to see what Minnie decides to do tonight:).

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  6. Liz & Minnie

@Bandit's Mom are you happy with our human meter at last?! I used the last AT strip on my last 3/3 test!

We are back down to 4u, yellow all day except for a nice pink sunset. I'm thinking of getting a +2 in 2hours then going to bed, or do you think I'll need to get up to do a reading during the cycle as well? (I think I know the answer to this...let's see what the +2 looks like?)

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Jumping up and down with joy! :bighug: I hope you will stop the experimenting with Petsure strips also soon (going to nag you about that next! LOL).

Full marks! :D

Start trying to advance the shot time to you original time.

8. Liz & Minnie

Already done! Twice today I had giant blood drops and they would NOT suck up any blood so they are now in the reject pile. I have quite a collection of reject monitors and lancing pens to donate.

Sigh....I tried this evening and pulled the food up earlier but at shot time Minnie was having none of it. After all the ear poking today, which wasn't too bad for the most part, the injection was the last straw. I had to back away and sneak up on her later. I will try to pull it 30min tomorrow morning instead of 15min at a time.

9. Bandit's Mom

That's the other thing I wanted to bring up. You don't have to test as much as you did this AM. Hopefully with the switch to the human meter, there won't be those random dives and leaps in numbers and more clear trends will emerge so that you can test less in flat high bounce cycles and more in active cycles.

As for this, don't be surprised if she decides to clear the bounce tonight and start heading lower in the second half of this cycle! :banghead:

10. Liz & Minnie

You called it. Down at 176 already at +2. What do I do now?

I didn't get much sleep last night so I know I am not thinking too well. Feed her normal LC or MC? How frequently do I need to test tonight? I think I remember if the +2 drops to below PMPS that means an active cycle which I'm guessing means a busy night...will need some hand holding :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Bandit's Mom

Sorry! Just saw this. Feed some LC now and again at +3.

12. Bandit's Mom

If you have the DM Select which is 10%, you can feed that as well. Slow the drop while still using higher carb LC.

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  13. Liz & Minnie

She had 1/8 can of the 5% DM and probably would eat more but I think I read need to keep her a little hungry (?). Will dig out the DM Select! Thanks :)

14. Bandit's Mom

Yes. Let's see where she is at +3. That's another half hour?
    I will be around. :)

15. Liz & Minnie

6 minutes :) not that I'm watching the clock or anything

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  16. Bandit's Mom

That's quite a bump at +3. Wonder if she is that carb sensitive. How long after the 10% was the reading?

17. Liz & Minnie

10 minutes? 15 at most. She had a great big soft poop (nearly diarrhea) too about 5 min before the test.

18. Bandit's Mom

Take a nap and test around +7/+8.

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  19. Liz & Minnie

I was going to ask if that's possible. We assumed that 40 was a bad strip last weekend, but I'd given her a whole can of HC FF gravy lovers in blind panic as soon as I saw the 40 and it was 273 20minutes later.

Also this is 3 of the last 7 days she's had a blue at PM+2 which jumped up at +3. 1 day it was blue at PM+1 that jumped at +2 and 2 days I didn't get a reading at that time...

20. Liz & Minnie

I'll leave some 5% food next to her too. She's snoozing now. This experience certainly gets your adrenaline going!

Suzanne & Darcy and Bandit's Mom like this.
  21. Liz & Minnie

Ugh, I slept right through the alarm at +7 all the way to +9 when they woke me for food...what a bad mama. Also I probably left too much food when I went to sleep and she ate ALL of it immediately. But she seems ok!

Suzanne & Darcy and Bandit's Mom like this.
  22. Liz & Minnie

I'm going to try and pull the AMPS 30min earlier today (930) and start getting back on track. Just tested and fed at PM +9. Should I get a +10/11? And how frequently do you suggest I should test this morning after that?

As soon as I wrote that, the thought popped in my head - I bet you'll say that depends on the AMPS! But I'll ask anyway. I always ask my questions 1 or 2 steps ahead of where I am...

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  23. Bandit's Mom

Yup. Still high. Good opportunity to advance the shot time!

24. Bandit's Mom

She was 290 at +9, right? I think you can wait till AMPS to test. Get a +2 and we take it from there!

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  25. Liz & Minnie

Thank you! Yes, 290 at +9. (guess what, 1 min before I was about to pick up the remains of the snack she went back to it. Argh, Minnie, get back on schedule!!) - she heard me, I've whisked it all away now

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  26. Liz & Minnie

Is it normal for numbers to stay so flat with the human meter (I know, I know ECID ;)) but 290 @+9 and 295 @AMPS? I almost want to take extra readings because I'm struggling to believe the numbers are not fluctuating, ha!