? 3/5 Dora PMPS 128 and insulin ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dora the Explorer, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Edit: last post https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-4-dora-amps-244-pmps-150-3-252.244079/

UPDATE: shot the 3.75 ...

Yikes! I spoke too soon. After what I guess was her bounce yesterday she’s been blue all day on her first day of 3.75 (even before she got insulin).

Also, in my early morning stupor I put the Lantus pen in the drawer with the testing supplies, meaning the insulin was at room temperature for almost 12 hours. Is this a bad bad thing? I have a very old pen almost empty in the fridge but I’d rather use this one and see if it’s still good.

So, help! Shoot 3.75? Is the insulin ok? Thank you!

Jane

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With TR you shoot 50 and over provided you can monitor and have plenty of supplies.

Dora the Explorer likes this.
  3. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Jane, I think the Lantus will be fine, it isn't as delicate as once thought to be. As long as it isn't discoloured or showing floaties in it, you are ok to continue to use it. We've had members leave it out overnight, and not have any issues with its efficacy :)

As for dose, Dora has been flat since +6, and you did shoot 150 last night, which isn't all together much different. Any time you shoot a lower number than you are used to, get a +1 to gauge how things are going, and whether Dora is getting a food bump or not, and you can steer with additional carbs earlier if necessary. I'm not sure if you shot yet, but if you have, post if you need any help and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Reason for edit: correcting autocorrect
  4. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Member

Thanks,

I did shoot as I reread TR and it seemed appropriate. I’m a little concerned since her numbers came down on the fifth day at the lower dose. Her usual pattern is to be lower at PMPS then earlier in the day so I’m worried she will drop further as days go on.

I have just sent my husband to to get her for a test. She is almost +2 (20 minutes to go). She usually goes up after meals.

She is eating leftovers while he warms the sock ... and she is at 229. She did eat a bite of the food but less than a minute before he tested her so I’m sure that’s not affecting her. We always feed again before bed too.

Thanks!
    Jane

5. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw that, it was still higher greens on FSL, so very safe. Might have been a wonky strip, not necessarily in line with the rest of the cycle, but without another test, hard to say. Sometimes the FSL gives you a lower reading if you don't have enough blood (it will still read). I see you grabbed an AT2 test which kind of supports that.

With a 229, looks like she is starting a bounce, glad to see you have recruited your husband's help :)

Dora the Explorer likes this.