? 3/5 Pearl PMPS 70, +1.25 67, +3 74, +6 187 - suspicious. Did she drop below 50 and I didn't catch?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Mar 5, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

SDAbby likes this.
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Nice cycle last night :cat: Hope you are able to get some rest today :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Hi Margaret
    What I have found with Missy is the closer she gets to a reduction the more tolerant she becomes. Happy Friday... I hope you both have a wonderful day! :bighug::bighug:

4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Happy Friday!

Margaret - you and Pearl are a great team. I think a lot of us look at reductions as the primary success, which they can feel that way. However, good numbers, no matter the dose, feel the best:) and Pearl thanks you. I've had T1D since age 18, and I always relate to our cat's BG numbers in a personal type way. Most of our cats are like T2Ds, or there would be no remission, but healthy BGs are key to wellness, obviously!

Sending you and Pearl resting, healing, and sleep wishes for when that time can happen. Tina, my dog and I are soaking up some healthy Spring sunshine!
    Have a great day:bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  5. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Friday Margaret,
    Pearl is looking fabulous :D have a wonderful day!

6. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks! A bit of rest, not much. Hope you and Jax and Benji are well!

JaxBenji likes this.
  7. Margaret (and Pearl)

THanks for this tip, Tammy. I was wondering if that is the case with Pearl! Happy Friday!

8. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thank you so much for this encouragement, Jan, and your perspective on it. I have to confess - I would much rather keep Pearl comfortable and healthy over reductions. They are hard on me and on her when they happen! I'll try to keep in mind that we are good where we are at, and not rush it but let Pearl lead!

Enjoy the sunshine. I was out and about a bit ago, it was nice to be driving in the sunshine here too.

9. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thank you Adrienne! You and Molly, too!

10. Margaret (and Pearl)

All - this is Cycle 14 of what seems to me to be pretty "normal" BGs. Can someone take a peek?
    @Marje and Gracie @Wendy&Neko @Tina Marie and Jan She is also not reacting much to the MC food at all - it's not affecting her numbers much, which is very odd for Pearl (uber carb sensitive), makes me think she is pushing for that reduction also.

My question - Does it look to you like Pearl is due for a reduction in the morning, or are some of the numbers a bit too high yet for this? Thanks for your input, all!

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Hi! Sticking to the under 50 for a reduction rule is a good idea. (A non diabetic cat tests in the forties at times.)
    You have been on this dose for 18 cycles now (I counted a few times!), looking great, but since you are feeding higher carb to stay steady, I would/might decrease the carbs to 3%, instead of using 13% as you did last night, and see if going barely under 50 becomes natural. Then let her have a little 13% right away.

If we had a dislike button, it could get clicked:smuggrin: I love different thoughts and opinions, and if I'm wrong, I want to know:)

ETA - one week in green would also get you a reduction, but there are just a few too many readings close to 120, 130 for example. We want a strong transition downward ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Also, trust your gut. Had to quit editing above . . .
    Actually, it would be fun if you were advised to try a reduction! So so close by the rules though.

13. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks Jan! I couldn’t figure out who to try tagging lol.

I was thinking of the alternate way to earn a reduction - cat in normal BG numbers for 14 cycles. Wendy mentioned it last time, right before Pearl got her reduction on 2/24. I was thinking Pearl might qualify. If she could earn her reduction that way instead of going under 50 I would infinitely prefer it, and so would my poor body!

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

First...your SS dates are off by a day; you have BGs in the 6th but today is the 5th :p I can’t figure out why because the dates all look correct. Found it...you are missing 3/3 :)

I honestly feel that she has a bit too much blue on her SS to reduce using the one week mostly 50-90. Going back to her 0-3% food, unless you need it to keep her safe, might work. Of course, we always say that if you are working hard to keep the BG above 50, it’s usually time for a reduction.

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

From this post Reminder: *earning* reductions and starting OTJ trials you really want to see her spend a bit more time under 100 at this dose. The last three days have been good. Maybe I'd say 4 days as that one blip to 133 was pred induced. So I'd hold a bit longer.

16. Wendy&Neko

17. Margaret (and Pearl)

You both confirmed what I needed to hear - more time in this dose needed. Thank you so much for the input!

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  18. Marje and Gracie

You’re welcome. Hope you are feeling better.

19. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks. Still super tired. Sleeping 12+ hours a day now. This happens sometimes, not a new thing, just don't know how long it will last! Thanks for asking!

20. Marje and Gracie

I hope you get some rest and start to feel a little more energy.

21. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks! This will sound crazy, but...I just checked Pearl's BG at +6. It is 187. Last check was +3 74. Do you think this is evidence that she dropped loooow? Pearl doesn't bounce. This is really a very odd reading, and I checked it 3 times to make sure it was accurate. I feel like a terrible CG - something must have happened. Do I use this as evidence she has gotten a reduction? Again, I know this sounds crazy. But Pearl does not get numbers like this.

I did notice she was trembling a little, barely, at +5. But she also had an asthma attack then (first one in over 7 months) so I thought they were related. Pearl hasn’t liked being poked lately, so I didn’t want to stick her, but I had a niggling feeling I should check. Ugh!!

And to confirm - no Pred since 3/2.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  22. Wendy&Neko

Her numbers weren't dropping from PMPS to +3. I doubt she dropped below 50 and then bounced. Maybe the stress of the asthma attack caused her numbers to go up? In which case the numbers should be down by tomorrow morning. Only if we actually see a number below 50, or she goes a week in normal numbers do we reduce under TR.

23. Margaret (and Pearl)