3/6 Jasmine. PMPS~155 • +2~230 • +10.5~589!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by flyingduster, Mar 6, 2019.

1. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

hey guys
    Previous thread

I just did Jasmines PMPS and it’s only 155 and we upped her dose today. She is on the rise so I feel as though I could shoot but I’m cautious too because of the dose increase. I can monitor her overnight. Thoughts?

2. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

I have her the shot anyway. I feel ok with it, it’s not super low level and her dose isn’t super high. It’s just lower than I’m used to so felt wary when I first got the reading!!! But clearly the 0.5iu is too low for her right now so hopefully 0.75 isn’t too high.

3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Amy,
    Just having my first cup of coffee, been dozing since I got up to TFS BFG at 5.30am, and been hanging out with Justin and Sebastian who've had quite a night, missed your earlier post.

Good decision to go ahead and shoot, the 0.5u wasn't really doing it, those nadirs were creeping up. With that blue pmps hopefully the lantus will grab hold of that and give you a nice surf. With George it would usually take 3ish cycles to start to see the effect of a dose change. So hopefully you'll start to see some green before to long.

flyingduster likes this.
  4. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

I’m feeling quite good that we are hopefully getting a bit of a grip on this lantus thing now. She had a good wee run on the 0.5iu to get it settled in so hopefully we can get her settled on 0.75 for a bit without it causing big bounces or anything. We shall see. I’m about to grab a +1 for interest sake.

Gill & George likes this.
  5. Gill & George

Yep you got of to a hairy start but the 0.5u didn't do so bad for a while and allowed you both to get into the swing of things.

flyingduster likes this.
  6. Gill & George

A little food bump there at +1, looks like you were correct and she was on the rise.
    It would be interesting to see where she heads after onset. I'd get a +3 or +4

7. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

I think Jazz needed that lower dose to bring her down off her bouncing a bit too? I dunno, but anyway her +1 was a nice wee rise which makes me happy I still did her shot as planned! Fingers crossed for a nice level +2 soon and a calm night of blues perhaps.

8. Gill & George

LOL you could grab a +2 if like me you just can't help yourself.

9. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Haha, we replied at the same time! I will get a +2 because that’s only a half hour away. I will then go for a +4 at midnight and see how she is from there.

10. Gill & George

Lowering the dose doesn't help with the bouncing, if you'd stuck with the 0.75u chances are she would have leveled out anyways. It's the fact that she is spending more time in the lower ranges, and that you have that lantus depot working for you now its had a chance to fill that is helping with the bouncing.
    But the 0.75u would have probably been a more nerve wracking situation to deal with while you waited for her to settle.

flyingduster likes this.
  11. Gill & George

I'm off into town now, so won't be about.
    Hope she has a great cycle.

flyingduster likes this.
  12. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

That makes sense! Thank you.

13. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

She’s going up still so that means likely a bounce perhaps from the blues today?

I can still aim for a midnight check in another two hours, but I wonder if I’m better aiming for checking a bit later when she’s more likely to be coming back down??

14. Gill & George

Looks like a bounce, maybe not from dropping into blues but she did go from pink to blue in only four hours, and for all we know the +9 you got might have been her on her way back up. She has seemed to react strongly to a dose change in the past so perhaps that's what we saw with the mornings cycle.

you are probably safe to get some rest, but if you're up data is always useful.

15. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Whoo! She has bounced to the moon! Lol. I gave her a spoonful of food right now at +10.5 cos she’s high and HUNGRY! Just a wee bit. I know we want a clear 2 hours prior to her AMPS but in my experience a spoonful of food brings her down rather than up.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019