? 3/7 Harley AMPS 238 +2 290 PMPS 132

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Agnes and Harley, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Agnes and Harley

Agnes and Harley New Member

Hello,

Should I be giving Harley his shot today? He's due in 10 minutes. He's on 1 unit of Latnus. His PMPS today is 132. Or reducing his dose?

Update - I retested him at 9:00 (after he ate) at 206. I gave him 0.5 unit at 9:30 PM. I will retest him at 12:30.

Lik to previous posts https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-5-harley-amps-415-6-187.244186/

Thank you,
    Agnes

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Reason for edit: additional information
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Sorry that no one responded to your post. When you have a question, please use the "?" prefix in the thread title and say something like "STALLING, SHOULD I SHOOT?" etc that will grab attention. You can also tag @tiffmaxee who is on the West Coast.

Next time you get a number you are uncomfortable shooting, stall without feeding and test in 20 minutes. If he rises without food, it would be safe to shoot, provided you can monitor the cycle.

Are you following TR or SLGS?

3. Agnes and Harley

Thank you for the info. I guess Im following the SLGS. My vet thought that 0.5 was too low to start at. So he had me start at 1. His numbers util today seemed to indicate that starting at 1.0 was a good idea.

I'll be rechecking in one hour (that'll be +3)

Thank you,
    Agnes

4. Bandit's Mom

I see from a previous post that you had switched him to low carb wet food after diagnosis. How long after this was insulin started? Or was the food change done after insulin was started?
    Diet change can lower numbers and consequently insulin requirements.

Great! It would be great if you could get one test before bed every night. It doesn't have to be +6. Even a +2 or +3 is fine.

5. Agnes and Harley

I will try to get a +2 every night.

Do you think i should keep him at 0.5 unit tomorrow morning? His +3 reading tonight was 216? (Assuming that his AMPS tomorrow isn’t lower than the PMPS today?). Or go cack to the 1.0

thank you,
    Agnes

6. Bandit's Mom

I think you can keep him at 1U for now.