? 3/7 Kit AMPS 205, +4 125, +10.5 276, PMPS 209, +1 195, +2 91 ?feeding the curve

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Alicia & Kit cat, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Yesterday's thread

Bit of a higher number this morning, but I was expecting it after her trip to the limes last night. I also fed her 6% twice this morning since I wanted her to stay a little because I needed to be on campus to teach at 830.

I was grateful for the advice previously to just carb her up if she'd already earned a reduction. Even with feeding pretty much 20% or 15% later on in the evening, she still didn't go as high as I thought she would. I meant to get a +7 or +8, but once I laid down, I was OUT.

Today and tomorrow should still be pretty busy, but then next week is spring break, and I'm planning to take a few days off, or work partial days so I can get some naps in.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday!

Staci & Ivy and Mikanmama like this.
  2. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Quite an evening last night for you.
    Hope Kit cat will have a mellow cruise today and tomorrow.
    Happy Thursday, Alicia!

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  3. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Wow what a lime night you had. Guess Kit is done with that dose for now. She made that clear! :eek:
    Sorry for the exhaustion Alicia. I hope things calm down so you can get some rest. It’s rough! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Alicia & Kit cat

She seems content to stay blue, which I'm okay with for today. Less worrying while I need to be at work.

Mikanmama and Staci & Ivy like this.
  5. Alicia & Kit cat

I was super surprised to see a lime last night. Definitely wasn't expecting it. Saturday will definitely call for a nap!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: congrats on the reduction Alicia :cat:

7. Alicia & Kit cat

Thanks, Diane. I had been looking at her spreadsheet wondering if I should start threatening an increase. It was barely a niggle of an idea, like not even formed, but apparently it was enough.

8. Alicia & Kit cat

So, I've been working on feeding between 5 and 9% carbs at +1 to sort of slow down any falls. She's been having a fair amount of larger, fast drops (like tonight from 195 to 91 in an hour). If she's higher, should I try to stick to 8-9% carbs to slow the drop more? My decision usually is just something in that range that she isn't currently refusing to eat - the girl likes her variety. I just worry that we'll get into a recursive loop of a big ol' drop followed by a bounce followed by a big ol' drop. We had sort of gotten away from it, but then we wandered back into the land of drops. Thoughts?

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  9. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

I like it!! I'm always game for an experiment. Lol. Jokes aside, I agree that the bounces from the steep drops are far worse and seem to get you trapped in a bouncing loop.

10. Alicia & Kit cat

Do you happen to have a link to the list of foods? I have it downloaded, but I'm wondering if I have the most updated one (mine's a pretty old version, I think from 2020 during the first go round). I wanna see what else I can find for options that higher low carb that are maybe local so I can test them out on Miss Picky Pants.

Scratch that - I successfully found what I was looking for!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    Angela & Cleo likes this.
  11. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

I have used this site as well

https://catfooddb.com/

They have reviews by brand name (look under "Cat Food Reviews"

12. Alicia & Kit cat

Thanks! I'm gonna open the tab and come back to it this weekend when I've napped more. :joyful:

Mikanmama likes this.
  13. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

I used this one , the section for ckd and diabetes. Does Ms picky pants have any proteins she can't eat?