? 3/7, Susie, AMPS 245, 242 @+3, Time for an Increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Mar 7, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

I was checking Susie's progress, what insulin did you switch to Lantus from? We changed from Caninsulin/Vetsulin which was really brutal for Chico.

You are doing a great job at testing, as well it looks like you are testing a lot for TR, why did you chose SLGS? With TR you could increase dose faster, maybe it is something to consider for at least until you get to a good dose for Susie?

Please consider this as my humble opinion just for your consideration of a 2 month old practice with FD.

Rooting for you too to get to a better dose as soon as possible :bighug:

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Marina. Susie also just switched from Vetsulin to Lantus. Her numbers are a lot flatter now but I do want to get them lower. I went with SLGS because the switch made me nervous and I wanted Susie to be on the Lantus a while to see how she did with the original dose before I increased it. I do pretty good testing during the day - not at night. I appreciate everyone's suggestions, Marina. Good luck with your Chico, too!

4. Marina & Chico

Congratulations for the switch, looks like Susie will do very well on Lantus since she is already flattened :)
    If i can ask, is there a specific reason why you can't test during the night? It is a lot of effort, don't get me wrong but during the night they tend to go lower and it is safer to have an upper hand on that. I saw from your spreadsheet that you are aware of this and lowering the dose for the night which is not very good for the way Lantus works, it needs consistency to show best results. On the bright side you "only" need to follow the active cycles so if you take a +2 you should know if it is worth following or not.

We started shooting schedule with Chico at 9AM and 9PM but during the first active night cycles we realized that it takes us up until 3-4AM to pass nadir so we quickly changed his shooting schedule (with half an hour per day increments) to 7AM and 7PM haha Now most active nights finish at 1AM which is still acceptable.

Thank you Summer for your kind words :) we wish you and Susie lots of patience and luck as well :bighug:

PS Change the Thread title and add a question mark to bring some more attention to your post.

5. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

With SLGS you need to hold the dose for 7 days, so the earliest you can increase by 0.25u would be Tuesday morning. Your spot checks are helping to see how low the dose is taking Susie, and nadirs are above 150, but it is just a little early for that increase.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Just want to add to what Christie wrote. IF you don’t feed dry you test enough for TR.

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

I don't test much at night because I like to sleep and I haven't seen any numbers low enough to be really concerned with at this point. I know that when her numbers start coming down it will be a necessity. I get up early. Around 4:30 and was testing and feeding around 5:00, with the Vetsulin, then shooting around 5:30. Right now I am slowly trying to move the time back. With Lantus I can test, feed and shoot at the same time so would like to get to 5:30AM/5:30PM so I can sleep until 5:00 am. I am usually in bed around 7:00 pm. I have a couple of droolers that require immediate attention first thing in the morning so everything is hectic around 5:00 am. I haven't lowered the dose for the night with the Lantus. I did with the Vetsulin. I didn't want to draw any attention to my post as being urgent but think I will go back and add the question mark. I need to know what the moderators think about the increase. Thanks, Marina.

8. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Christie. I'll wait until Tuesday.

9. Summer and Susie (GA)

I never feed dry. Will wait until Tuesday.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Susie will probably need the increase, but like the others said with SLGS you wait 7 days unless a reduction is earned.

11. Summer and Susie (GA)

I will increase the dose .25 on Tuesday morning. Thanks, Carla.

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck on Tuesday if you increase :cat:

13. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Diane.

14. Marina & Chico

Good luck with the increase :)

15. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks! She got her first "pink" since February 26th. The increase has to help but might not be much. Start low, go slow.

Marina & Chico likes this.
  16. Marina & Chico

I admire your patience :) you will find out soon already if 1.25 will be a better dose