? 3/8/21 Marmy’s #’s not responding well to 2 dosage

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tonimarmalade, Mar 8, 2021.

1. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Toni, I'd suggest getting a couple of nights where you are getting at least one before bed test, I'd look around +5 or +6, before considering going back up to 2.25u, it may that she is going lower at night, then bouncing during the day. Plus, with TR is it recommended to test at least once during each cycle in addition to the preshots.

2.25u dropped her pretty low, I'd definitely want to be sure the reduction failed by getting those extra tests in at night first. This may be a situation where, if you've gotten additional night time tests over the next few days, and it seems she needs an increase, I might think about just fattening the dose. Maybe see what others say after a few more days of evening tests.

3. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Thank you. I actually go to bed around 9:30 which would only be a +11/2 . She has me up often during the night so I will try to test her is I am functioning enough. Sleep is hard to come by with my caregiver duties for my sister and Marmy but what you say seems logical to,pursue. Thank you

4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

If things are getting a bit hectic, and you are finding you are just burned out, with needing to sleep and just life in general, there is nothing wrong with going back to SLGS for a while. It might give you a little breathing room, and will help keep Marmy safe too, since TR is considered an aggressive method, and does need more testing especially when wanting to increase the dose. Just something to think about. You can always go back to TR when you feel you are up to it :bighug:

5. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

I need to familiarize myself with SLGS and thank you again for your suggestions.