? 3/8 AMPS: 73! We're shooting green!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by TankNRK, Mar 8, 2023.

1. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

2. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

15 min stall was 87.

Can't stall much longer have to leave for work.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

What does he do for food when you aren't home? Will he eat from the feeder? Is there anyone to feed him?

TankNRK likes this.
  4. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Yeah he has a timed feeder with 2 segments! The best I could do today is come home and check on him at +5 but it'd only be a 5 minute pop in

5. Bandit's Mom

That's great. He nadired at AMPS yesterday and it's possible he is doing the same thing today considering he has gone up from 73 to 87 without food. I would shoot the full dose and leave slightly higher carbs for him to eat. Maybe even feed some MC with the shot to give him a boost

TankNRK likes this.
  6. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Alrighty. HOO gawwt I am SCARED lol but here we go!

I told myself we were ready for TR but I was NOT READY FOR THE NEXT DAY TO HAVE OUR FIRST GREEN PRESHOT LOL!

7. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

We did it but I am scared :nailbiting:

Carole & Indigo and Bandit's Mom like this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

Yay! Here's your BOS award for shooting your first green!

balls_of_steel.jpg

When do you have to leave? Can you get another test? So we know where he is after food? What did you feed him with the shot?

9. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

At least I can tell now from collecting data that he is a food spiker 100%
    Yeah I'll test him right before I run out the door! He's pretty hungry still so I may go ahead and give him extra breakfast!
    So I fed him 1 can of his regular FF pate, and gave him a teaspoon of friskies beef shreds in gravy. I figured I'd just leave his FF pate in his feeder for +2, I'll come check on him at his +5 and feed him if he needs it, then he has the feeder set for +6 and depending on where he's at if it's not needed I'll change it to +7!

I'll be leaving in like 30 mins and will get another test in. We couldn't push his shot back anymore cause I have to roll back 15 mins anyways this evening and then further for daylight savings time. We rolled forward a LOT yesterday morning stalling haha.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

I would set the feeder for +2 and +4 and you can always feed him at +5, if needed. He might not nadir late in this cycle. Don't feed him more right now. You want him to be hungry to eat later.

TankNRK likes this.
  11. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

Got it! Just set it back up.

And that sounds good he'll just have to deal for a bit, my hungry gooby guy.
    I didn't realize the nadir could constantly change, it was like clockwork on Vetsulin.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Bandit's Mom

For unregulated cats it can move around a bit. Later in bounce clearing cycles, around +4 in "normal" cycles. Many cats do not get fed at night after the CG goes to bed, and if that coincides with a bounce breaking cycle, the nadir can be at the very end of the cycle since the cat keeps dropping without food. In cycles where one tests and feed, food counteracts insulin and reduces duration/drops.

TankNRK likes this.
  13. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

That's good to know! I saved this info for myself later.
    I'm putting on my shoes to leave and he's 124 so we're good, he's come up quite a bit. It was definitely a bounce clearing cycle cause yesterday he just sat pretty and climbed as the cycle went on from his nice lows wed has a cycle or two previously. That is GREAT to know for data collecting.

Thank you for guiding me this morning, I was super scared and couldn't have done it without you!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  14. Bandit's Mom

15. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

We're 165 @+5 and he just had his snack as I came home :)

16. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

Congrats on your bravery! Well done!!! :D

TankNRK likes this.
  17. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

I'm celebrating with a drink tonight, honestly!! I'm so thankful for Bhooma explaining to me the concept of a bounce breaking cycle, how it caused the nadir to be later, and now I truly know the value of watching the trends and not just numbers! It will still take me time to understand the trends and how they all affect each other, but nonetheless I learned such valuable information today and I'm so proud! If I didn't give insulin this morning out of fear Lando would have bounced again! He's ALWAYS bouncing these days, and I'm sure he'll do it again soon from today, but for one day we were brave! For our first day ever we shot in the greens and we'll have (hopefully) a full cycle of great numbers. I could cry I'm so proud!

18. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to shoot. Lando sure is keeping you on your toes.

TankNRK likes this.
  19. Karen and Chispa

Karen and Chispa Well-Known Member

Rightly so! There's a reason why you get a badge ... you have to have ice water in your veins to take that leap of faith, but it's a big step on the road to progress. You enjoy that drink, you've earned it!! ;):joyful::D

20. TankNRK

TankNRK Member

I couldn't have done it without everyone's encouragement. I'm so mad at Lando LOL! yesterday with a blue preshot I said, "alright, today's the day buddy. We're switching to TR and we'll learn as we go!" Worried to shoot the full dose.... And this morning Lando said,
    "Surprise, BETTER LEARN HARD AND FAST :cat:!"

21. Melinda and Kitkat

Melinda and Kitkat Member

:eek::eek::eek: I was so terrified the first time too!;) I think most of us are! Congratulations! You did it!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:bighug: Well done!