3/8 Jasmine. PMPS~365 • +2~281

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by flyingduster, Mar 7, 2019.

1. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Just making a thread today so it’s here if I need anything. But right now she’s been surfing along high. This is the longest she’s ever held so high, so I’m putting it down to NDW rather than a bounce, as she seems to clear bounces pretty quickly? Anyway, this will be her 5th cycle on the dose increase and while she has been holding pretty steady with no curve to speak of, she has also been *gradually* going down too, so hoping she breaks through soon and we get a good cycle kicking off. Let’s see!

2. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Oh, and to keep the chain of posts going: yesterday

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

NDW typically only lasts a couple cycles after the increase. It often took Neko until cycle five to show me what a new dose could do. Paws crossed for some action today.

4. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

She looks pretty level at the +2, so not sure we will see much today. But maybe?

5. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Slightly and evenly heading downwards still but very gradual. I’m heading out for a while but I think she’s fine.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Come back down Jasmine.

I saw in your comments that dog food was left down on the 2nd cycle of the increase in the PM cycle which could be responsible for that black at the end of that cycle and the next day. The 2nd cycle after an increase was usually the cycle that I saw NDW in Bubba and it only lasted 24 hours. She is heading downwards now and this is the 5th cycle so hopefully she will show you what she can do with this dose.

flyingduster likes this.
  7. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

I’m hoping she doesn’t just plummet when it finally kicks in!!

I’m amazed how such a tiny increase can drag her UP for so long!

Tonight I was hoping to be able to sleep because tomorrow I am the ring steward of a dog show which means having my brain turned on. Haha! It also means I will be away from Jazz from before her shot in the morning, all day long. Hubby will be around though so can test her. I will draw up her dose to keep the consistency and hubby will be able to give her shot. It’ll only be about a half hour after I leave, but I don’t want to screw up her timing when she’s having the Wobblies already! Haha.

8. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Here she comes...! Will check every couple of hours until she either goes back up or needs closer attention. Crossing fingers for the first!

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I suspect that the dog kibble she got into is more likely responsible for the recent run of high numbers.
    When my friend was looking after George, he sneakily got into the outdoor farm cats kibble, it took him 2-3 days to get over the sugar high and back into his normal range.
    Check out 30th may 2018 on his SS. He was recently back in remission after his dental, and running below 100, he was up at 286 (she actually got another reading in there that was in red/black numbers, I didn't record it for some reason) it wasn't till 5 cycles later that we recorded a reading in his normal range.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  10. Gill & George

Sounds like fun.
    But you do realise that the kitties read their threads, and use all information gleaned to sabotage their Beans plans. I hope she hasn't been reading the FD kitty manual which has a whole chapter titled How to mess wit Da Beans:cat::p

Looks like she might be getting back into nicer numbers with that drop at +2, hope she doesn't do anything too dramatic so you can catch some sleep.

11. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Lol!!!

She has read this, but perhaps not messing badly? She’s stuck mostly level with two hours ago?

12. Gill & George

Flat at the +4 if she's flat yellow or blue in the morning, she may have decided to mess with DH Bean.

13. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Flat +7. Messy kitty. Zzzzz

Gill & George likes this.
  14. Gill & George

Make sure DH has supplies of HC to give Jazz if she decides to be a pickle and give him a run for his money.

We are here for DH should he need us.:)

flyingduster likes this.
  15. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

+10 and she’s risen a little and we are up for the day. I leave at what will be her +11.5 so will draw up her insulin ready to shoot. He hasn’t drawn up the 1/4 dose before so figure it’s just easier for me to do it and be sure it’s right! It’s not going to be pre-drawn for long.

And we have a can of HC as well as the frozen remains of the can I opened for her a week ago, split in to small portions. So he can grab one of those bags out of the freezer and heat it briefly to give as well. And we have honey. And I have like two unopened pottle of strips. And I will have my phone on me all day as well.

Fingers crossed she behaves fine all day. Ugh.

Gill & George likes this.
  16. Gill & George

They'll be great
    Have a good day with the doggies.