? 3/9 - AMPS 282 PMPS 116 - Should we skip the insulin at night if PMPS is 100-ish?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Javier and Leo, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Javier and Leo

Javier and Leo Member

Last post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...d-is-expired-lantus-good.243503/#post-2746919

Are we doing the right thing by not giving insulin when Leo is too low at PMPS? Today, he was only 116. 4 days ago he was only 79?

After 1 hour and a half, his PMPS went up to 173. Is it ok to skip the insulin in this case?

Let me know what you think about the numbers. We are aware that we have been holding the current dose for too long in relation to the methods described in this forum. We have also not been able to do enough tests before bedtime. Leo seems to get his lowest towards the end of the evening.

Thank you!

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

With a history of DKA, you should not be skipping insulin.

Are you following SLGS or TR? With SLGS he earned a reduction to 1.5U with that 79 on 3/5.

With SLGS you can shoot any number above 90. When you get a number that you are uncomfortable shooting, you stall without feeding and post here for help.

How long past PMPS are you tonight? +1?

3. Javier and Leo

Javier and Leo Member

We fed him his usual food, and we are +2.5 past PMPS.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

It is not a good idea to skip insulin doses with DKA in the not too distant past.
    It looks as if it is too late to give a dose now as you are last +2.5 but I would make sure he eats well during this cycle, and drinks and if possible I would get a ketone test.

Next time he is lower at preshot, stall, dont feed and post ask for help. And test again in 20 minutes.
    It is really important not to skip doses with a history of DKA.