3/9 Jasmine. early PMPS~391

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by flyingduster, Mar 8, 2019.

1. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

yesterday

So today I had to go and be the ring steward at a dog show. I left at 7:30 and she gets her shot at 8, so I left hubby with the insulin drawn up and ready to go and instructions to give her shot at 8 and to test her again at 10 and txt me then.s

I tested her at 7:30 just as I left and she was 374, so I told hubby that if he couldn’t get a test before her shot it would be ok cos it was only a half hour away from being pretty high!

And I left. I got a txt from hubby later saying that Jazz didn’t get her shot until 9 (!!!) and did I then want her tested at 11?

Argh! I’d have just done a half hour early if I’d known it was gonna be off her time anyway. Ugh. Apparently she was up in the shed roof (I bike to the dog show and that is the shed with my bike in it, so my guess is she was stalking me and waiting for me to get back) and not coming down for him. And that’s why it was late. Sigh.

So hubby didn’t realise the implications of it being late nor did her test her first because I had said I’d not long done her. So I have no idea her preshot number. But he got the +2 and I am home for her +3 and it hasn’t changed much so we will see.

What do we do about the late shot? I can shoot at 9pm tonight fine, but I really need to bring it back to 8/8, but she is so sensitive to stuff I don’t wanna screw her up too much either.

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

You can shoot 30min early.
    ETA
    As she likes to bounce. If you grab a +11 and shes in mid pink or higher then you could go 1hr earlier, to help get you back on track sooner.

flyingduster likes this.
  3. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Ok I’ll grab a +11 and if it’s around that 350-ish or more then I’ll just give her regular shot then. Otherwise will just wait till +11.5 and do her shot

And then same again in the morning? Bring it forward by 30min again? It’s only that one hour out so at least isn’t a drastic shift I guess.

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I'd wait till tomorrow pm to do the next 30min.

Alternatively, 15min early itomorrow morning then 15min in the evening.

flyingduster likes this.
  5. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

Well she was 391 at +11 so I just have her the shot then, at 8. I will keep tabs on her overnight as I understand an early shot can affect like a dose increase.

Gill & George likes this.