3/9 My sweet Cleo is at the Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Georgia and Simon (GA), Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

I am heartbroken. The BW for Cleo showed that her liver was worse and she had advanced liver disease and nothing else was going to make her better. DH and I decided to make the hardest decision ever. My sweet little baby is gone. The mobile vet came to our house and i held her in my arms as she passed. She was showing us signs the last few days that she had enough. I tried everything to help her but it was not enough. I can't say anymore right now because my heart is breaking so much. One comfort is that my friend who is very intuitive called me out of the blue today and said that she feels my father standing right next to me. I think he was there to be with Cleo and show her the way home. I know my GA kitties Boots, Cokie, Mariah and Shalimar were also there to show her the way home. And I think Rocket was there along with all the GA FDMB kitties. Fly free my brave, chatty little girl. You are in my heart forever.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 3/9 Simon My sweet Cleo is at the Rainbow Bridge

((hugs)) You did everything you could for Cleo .. Including taking on her pain, and letting her go and that is the greatest act of love we can show our furbabies .. She is running around playing in the best health she has ever been in .. She's telling all the other GA kitties about her whole family .. You will be with her again some day ..

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Georgia))))),

Our hearts go out to you on the passing of your Cleo. She fought a good fight and she knows how much you helped her. The kitties at the Rainbow Bridge will welcome her and look out for her until you meet again. Now she flies free on her beautiful new golden wings and watches lovingly over her family.

Sweet Cleo, you are much loved.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

4. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the pass over of Cleo. Sometimes we have to make this hard decision that we know will break our heart, but for the love of our little ones we must be brave to do so. Pls take care Georgia.

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((Georgia))))) I am so very sorry. It's so hard to let them go and it's never long enough. Cleo was a very lucky kitty to have you for her bean. What a great life she had. Thinking of you and DH.
    Liz

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry ((((((((Georgia))))))))) I think your father was there.

Fly Free and Happy Sweet Cleo.
    Give your mommy some comfort tonight if only in her dreams.

She's waiting in a good place for you to find her again one day. tears..

7. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Georgia and Johnny)))
    I am so sorry.
    Cleo was so lucky to have you.
    She lives on in your heart.

Sending love and ((hugs)),
    Josie

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Georgia))) I'm so very sorry. I know how much you loved Cleo. I will light my GA kitty Mikey's candle for your sweet Cleo. My heart and prayers go out to you and DH.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Georgia)))))

I know how you have struggled with wanting the best for Cleo and wanting to decide but to not have to make this last decision. There are few decisions that are ultimately right and of this magnitude that come easily. How hard this has been for you only speaks to your love for Cleo. I'm glad she crossed in the safety of your arms knowing just how well loved she will always be.

A member here shared this fable with me. I hope it brings some comfort and explains why we choose tears.

Fly free sweet Cleo and land softly. There are many who we love dearly who are at the Bridge to keep you safe until you are reunited with the one you love best.

[​IMG]

10. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

The day we all dread. I'm so sorry ((((Georgia)))))
    Prayers for your comfort and your faith to see her again.
    Fly Free Cleo.
    [​IMG]

11. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

So sorry you lost your friend, Cleo. I'm glad you were with her to help her cross, and it sounds like she had an extra special bean holding her paw, too. Fly free, little Cleo and land softly. wings_cat

12. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I will light a candle for your sweet Cleo tonight. My heart is breaking for you. I know Cleo was meant to be yours and only yours and will be with you in spirit always. Wish I could give you a real hug Georgia. Please give Simon one for me. Make sure he keeps eating and assist feed if you see a dip in his appetite. Loss of a sibling is often a trigger for losing appetite.

Big hugs.

13. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.. she was a great sweet kitty and will be missed. ((hugs)) to you and your family!

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Georgia and Johnny)))) sobbing for you.....I can't tell you how very, very sorry Mike and I are because I do know the amazing, incredible, extreme love you have for your sweet, beautiful girl. I wish I could just give you an enormous hug. But know that we all cry with you tonight as your girl crosses the Bridge. I know my Teddi Bear will be there for her, too. And Cleo....she will be young, beautiful, chatty, happy but always with you.

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
    I am never without it (anywhere I go you go, my dear:
    And whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)
    I fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)
    I want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
    And it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
    And whatever a sun will always sing is you

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
    (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
    higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
    and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

A Candle has been lit for your sweet girl. Fly free sweet, sweet Cleo and land ever so softly.

15. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Georgia. I know how much you love sweet Cleo, and she will always be with you. Many prayers for you....

16. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Georgia. I'm so sorry. I just want to give you a big ole hug girl. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers and your LL family here is holding you tightly.

Lots of love,
    Tena, Curry(GA), Sidney and Zeke

17. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Claudia/Rocket has been keeping me up to date on Cleo. Lighting Butthead's candle for her... :cry:
    [​IMG]

18. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Georgia,
    This is a hard post to write. I knew what was coming from our conversation earlier and my heart was breaking for you...for i know all too well what you were/are going thru.

Johnny/Georgia & Simon....please accept my condolences on your loss of sweet Cleo...

you fought a good battle along your baby and she gave it her all...as did you...

but her time had come...she needed you to make that decision for her ...as hard as it was...it was the greatest gift you can give her...

I know Rocket gathered all the GAs gone before to make sure she was not alone...and i know your dad was there and is there to make sure she is ok...

may you find comfort and peace knowing Cleo is in a better place...she is no longer in pain and you have taken her pain for her...though not easy....it is the price we ought to pay for loving them so much...she knew she was loved...

i'm here always Georgia....

lighting a candle for sweet Cleo to show her the way to the bridge

here is a picture you shared of Cleo with me a long time ago.....i'm so very sorry Georgia...the words escape me but you know from our conversation that i'm deeply sorry you too are going thru such a heartache....

[​IMG]

Fly Free sweet Cleo wings_cat roar high and you will see your mom/dad and brother again one day...until then....you will make lots of friends at the bridge

19. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Georgia I am so sorry to read this. I know in my heart you made the right choice for Cleo, and that she will be eternally grateful to you and DH for having made the decision you did. It is never easy... How wonderful to know that your father was there to help guide her. She will land safely and softly at the bridge through his guidance. I hope that the memories will be of comfort to you. She will never be far away,n always tucked away in a corner of your heart. Fly free sweet Cleo. You will always be missed, never forgotten. wings_cat

Attached Files:

20. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

As one who also lost a beloved fur baby not long ago (four months tomorrow to be exact), my heart aches for you. I am so very very sorry for your loss.

Fly Free Sweet Cleo...land softly wings_cat

Love and hugs~
    Caryl

21. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear of Cleo's passing. We will have you in our Prayers.

22. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about sweet Cleo's passing. May she continue to watch over you and DH. Blessings to you and your family, two & four legged.

23. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

((((Georgia)))) my heart goes out to you . . . sending you love as you go through the days ahead. your sweet Cleo was precious and so very loved.

[​IMG]

24. Courtney and Kismet

Courtney and Kismet Well-Known Member

(((Georgia, Johnny, and Simon))) I am so very sorry to hear this sad news... my heart weeps with yours' tonight. Wishing you strength, love, and peace as you grieve the parting of your dear Cleo, and hoping that your memories of your time together will help lessen the pain. Fly free and land softly, sweet Cleo. Another angel has earned her wings today. wings_cat

25. RichNW & Rex

RichNW & Rex Well-Known Member

{{Georgia}}

I am sooooo sorry. Cleo was in peace being in your arms! I will say a prayer for Cleo, you and your family!!!

26. Bruce & Simon

Bruce & Simon Well-Known Member

Oh ((((Georgia)))) I'm so sorry. It's never easy, even when you know it's the right, the only decision.
    Continuing our prayers for you & Johnny and all your family.
    Hugs and scritches for Simon.

Fly Free Sweet Cleo

27. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

((((Georgia)))). My heart is broken for you. You gave Cleo the best gift possible. Please know that I am thinking about you and sending lots of love and hugs. Fly free sweet Cleo and land softly b

28. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Sending hugs and prayers.

29. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always so hard to let them go.

30. milfordcollector

milfordcollector Member

((((((Hugs, Georgia & DH))))))))))Cleo, fly free & land softly wings_cat My heartfelt condolenses on the loss of your sweet Cleo Cindy & Sabrina cat_pet_icon

31. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I am so terribly sorry for your loss of precious Cleo. She had the bestest Momma Bean that a kitty could ever want. You did the right thing by setting her free of the pain. Now, she's playing in Heaven's meadows with my late Jr. Mint, and all the others that we've all lost over the years. Fly free, beautiful Cleo, fly free, and land softly.

32. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Oh my friend I am so so sorry!! There comes a time when we must say goodbye to our babies to spare them any suffering or pain..Although our Hearts are Heavy & Broken, we must realize that they are no longer suffering..I have mulled it over 100 times in my head what went on with Moonie those last days, and I realize, she was asking me to go..
    With their Freedom, comes our heartbreak..But I was looking at some pictures of Moonie last few days, and she was such a Happy cat!! As I know she had a wonderful life , we all wish for more time...
    Believe that you will be together again one day because Love Never Dies--
    Hope you can find Peace one day soon. Hugs & Love from me!

33. (((hugs))) I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest sympathy.

34. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, Georgia. I know your heart is aching. Fly free little Cleo

35. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

36. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

My prayers are with you & yours

37. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

I want to thank everyone for your caring, beautiful words. I can't begin to tell you how much they mean to me.
    Over the last few days of Cleo's life, she started coming downstairs to sit with us in the evening. She has never done that in all her 14 1/2 years. We called her Queen Cleo because she stayed upstairs and we had to bring her food to her. I think she was telling us it was time and to also give us a sweet gift by sitting with us while we watched tv and talked.

The mobile vet and her tech are the most amazing people. I have never used them before. The tech also does energy work on animals and is like an AC. She held Cleo in the beginning and Cleo actually head butted her! She is usually scared of everyone. The tech then said that Cleo knows she is sick and won't get better. She had some energy in her but probably only had another 2 weeks. I was wavering on what to do, but I think Cleo knew that I couldn't keep feeding her and taking care of her, especially with my mom being diagnosed again with breast cancer. Cleo knew that we loved her and did everything possible to help her, but we just couldn't heal her.

One thing I was going to miss the most was Cleo sleeping next to my chest. Even when I would turn over to my other side, she would climb over me and get next to my chest again. Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night to find Simon sleeping next to my chest! Cleo must have sent him a message to look out for me and to cuddle with me. Simon is missing her today. He has never been an only cat and Cleo came to us when Simon was a year old. I'm giving him lots of attention even though my heart is heavy.

Thank you again for you love and prayers.

38. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((((((((Georgia)))))))))))
    I'm so very sorry for your loss.

wings_cat Fly free little Cleo...

39. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Sending you warmth, comfort and peace. Ruben just received an extra sweet kiss on the forehead in honor of Cleo. You are not alone, we (((FDMB))) are with you now.
    "Don't cry because it over, Smile because it happened"~Dr. Suess

40. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Georgia I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Cleo ((((((hugs))))))

Fly Free Sweet Cleo rb_icon wings_cat

41. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

[​IMG]

I'm so sorry for your loss of Queen Cleo. She came down to sit with you in the evening cat_pet_icon

Sending you lots of prayers...

42. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry you lost your sweet girl Cleo. I'm glad she was in your arms when she passed.
    Fly Free Sweet One rb_icon

43. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Lighting a candle for sweet Cleo. Land softly at the Bridge, little one.

[​IMG]

44. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I'm glad the tech could make such a strong connection with Cleo and let you know that she was ready. (((((Georgia)))))
    Liz

45. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Oh Georgia, I'm so sorry. Cleo was such a beautiful kitty. How lovely that she sent a message to Simon that he needed to comfort you in just that certain way.
    It is amazing the power our kitties have. I think your strong love gave them this power to know what to do. ((((((((Georgia & Simon)))))))))

46. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Georgia - I am so sad for your loss. I know Cleo has many friends at the bridge, and carries your love with her always.

Hugs to you.

Kathy

47. Shai and The Pirate Fitz (GA)

Shai and The Pirate Fitz (GA) Member

Such a brave kitty, your Cleo.

I'm so sorry and know all too well this soul baring pain.

My thoughts are with you.

shai and the Pirate Fitz

48. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Georgia. Fly free, Cleo.

Hugs and more hugs,
    Jane

49. GraceAndAngie

GraceAndAngie Member

Dear Georgia,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's lovely that the vet tech could help you to know that the time was right and your father could help you with her transition. You were both being cared for.
    Grace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.