? 3/9 Pumpkin AMPS 366, PMPS 357 +3 383, vomiting/low appetite

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jacques and Pumpkin, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Jacques and Pumpkin

Jacques and Pumpkin Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ntal-fast-pmps-361-1-338.275054/#post-3052839

More GI issues today. Yesterday, I forgot to put her feeder out before I left for work. When I came back she was hungry and quickly ate the makeup snack I gave her, as well as her pre-shot meal. But, by the evening her appetite was a bit lower and she didn't finish all her food.

Today, when I got home, she had finished all her food, but she vomited in the bathroom where I keep her litterbox. She only goes in there to use the litterbox. She appeared to have vomited around 3 pm (I'm not totally sure, but from my camera I think that's when she went into the bathroom). She quickly ate the makeup meal I gave her.

Her appetite's been much lower this evening. She's eating, but only 50-66% of her food. She appears to like the broth better than the shredded chicken. She also prefers the little bit of high carb wet food she's still getting (just 10% of her calories are from carbs now).

She's generally lethargic, but she's been like that since her diagnosis. She doesn't appear much more lethargic, if at all.

I've been checking for ketones with a urine test. It was negative yesterday and today.

What's the protocol for tomorrow? Do I shoot as long as her pre-shot number is elevated?

Anything else I should be doing beyond trying to get her to eat more?

I'm looking for some limited ingredient pates, but will probably return to the hydrolyzed protein food if she keeps refusing the shredded chicken. She has a history of a non-specific food allergy and had been on a hydrolyzed protein diet for a year before her DM diagnosis. We never narrowed the allergen down.

2. Jacques and Pumpkin

Jacques and Pumpkin Member

She’s had a normal bowel movement since vomiting and is still drinking plenty of water.

3. Max & Lori

Max & Lori Well-Known Member

My cat has IBD and a very sensitive tummy. Sometimes I use Instinct limited ingredient turkey and limited ingredient rabbit for a few days and it helps him. Max also has early CKD so I mostly try to use lower phosphorus foods like Weruva. The Instinct has a little more phosphorus in it but I do use it when Max is having tummy issues.
    Thought I’d mention the Instinct since you are looking limited ingredient foods. Good luck.:)

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’d expect her to drink a lot with bg in the 300’s.