30/3 Mauer AMPS 104, +1 119, +2 119, +4 88, +5 76, +6 56, +6.5 67, +7 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SashaV, Mar 30, 2021.

1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

2. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

uuuu good job Mauer :):) have a safe surfing today :cat::cat:

SashaV likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start. I hope Mauer heads down and surfs today.

SashaV likes this.
  4. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

5. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

you just increased the dose.... I would help her out stay in this dose a bit longer....

6. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I made a judgment call, MC 17%
    I don't like the speed she's dropping.
    Yeah... I think that was an uncalled for increase. Three out of six cycles I've had to keep her butt up with food. Two closer to the line than the other.
    When taking into account I just switched meter, this reads higher.... I'd rather help her too soon, when she's not an easy upcommer.. I just invented that word!

7. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

I like it!

8. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Yeah right?!:D:p

9. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

We got a nice food bump for once!
    She seems happy at 67. Even came outside on the terrace! That's been a while!

10. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Had stepped out. Just saw this. The MC was a good call :)

11. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

And back down...... jesus...

12. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

These are good numbers!!! Let's say flat if you consider meter variance (which I know you love! :p)

Marina & Chico likes this.
  13. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I know they are, but considering she dropped with the MC it says to me that she would have continued to drop...

I LOVE meter variance. SO MUCH!!!
    Wish no one told me about it. My brain does horrible with options, and if that then this and so on. It need to be straight forward. Meter variance is not..... :banghead:

14. Marina & Chico

Mauer had an amazing cycle today, congratulations!!! :):)

You know what i was thinking about? Chico on his 1.75 dose, he stayed there for a total of 8 dayse and early on we had to honey him for him not to drop under 50 but then for another 4 days we didn't have to honey him up anymore but in turn he flattened out, he started having the green preshots... I guess it shouldn't take too much work keeping them up though not to push it the other direction. This is my new thought for today )))) and now i have to go back to work otherwise i will have the night shift with Chico and my work computer haha

15. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

She really did. But I would like to be able to leave my house :nailbiting:
    And it makes sense, you know... that they need to want it. But if I didn't intervened she would have 2 of the three dips by now..
    And I kinda need to give it my all...

16. Marina & Chico

We all struggle with not being able to leave the house. This week we have a long weekend 4 days because of Easter and Denis made a joke: "so where should go Marina?" we both laughed and left it at that....

On the other hand i am very grateful that these are the problems we have to solve and not the opposite, because if we would lose this consistency it would be much more frustrating :cat:

17. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I talked to my doc today.
    Pulse is down, not enough but fine for now.
    But my blood test is a different matter.
    I have too many white blood cells and too many red. I've had too many of the white for years without the doctors doing anything, but the reds is a new one.

I also have a too high CRP of 25, indicating an infection, that's also normal for me.
    And then I apparently have too little of the good fat, so I'm at risk for cardiac problems and strokes... so that's just awesome :woot:

The only reason my pulse is fine for now, is that the doc doesn't count on me continuing this dance with Mauer... needing meds at night and not sleeping.

So I guess this means I'm in a rush getting Mauer OTJ or taking another route...
    No doubt about what I want the most!

18. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Well, next year you'll be able to do exactly what you want to. Wanna bet?! :D

19. Marina & Chico

ill bet you on that one, if we can i will be happy because it will mean Chico is in remision and covid is done :D if we can't i'll be happy to have won the bet haha

20. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts :p:D
    Not much bet over it, when we're both betting on the same thing though :facepalm::rolleyes::D:D:D

21. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Whoa! You were busy today!

22. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Yeah... I'm loving these days when I only have two blank columns :woot::p:facepalm:
    Okay, I'm not LOL...
    Now she better let me sleep :oops:

23. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

You're doing a great job with Mauer today, Sasha! Looks like she's liking those greens. :D

24. Marina & Chico

Jeez, take care of yourself... i would say to carb her up and go to bed but she doesn’t get carbed up so easy...

25. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

She is! But I'd like if she surfed more :D
    At least one of us can... surf that is. Never tried it, but it would go bad :eek:
    Whale on a surfboard!
    I'm tired :oops:

26. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Nope... but other than that, it was a wonderful idea!!! :D
    Now I'll sleeeeeeeeep. Alarm set at +5, she's headed up.
    I'll run out tomorrow after her AMPS, I'm out of food... human, dog, cat.... food is essential :smuggrin: my sister will check on her, but still I'm thinking about carbing her up.. maybe just as a trial. Cause I'm out Thursday too, only a few hours both days. But if they look like today my sister will run screaming out and never come back...

Oh well.... I talk a lot when I'm tired :oops:o_O

27. Katherine&Ruby

From what I can see she did a pretty good job at it. Patience pants, mama bean. :bighug:

28. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Did you see the remarks? I've been feeding every hour since +3. MC after +5.
    I'm glad my strips are so cheap now since I switched... I've only used about 100 in a few days :oops::rolleyes::smuggrin:

29. Katherine&Ruby

Ok, editing my remark above to add YOU and Mauer did a pretty good job! It takes two to surf. ;) It does get easier, promise!

30. Marina & Chico

She must have heard you and said: I'll just give Sasha a break :D

haha but it is nice that you have your sister to help sometimes :)

Finally you appreciate the benefit that comes with the cheaper stripes :D

31. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Exactly! I've been thinking a lot about the cheap strips. And I have already used over 100 :D
    This was a cheat cycle... I've been feeding MC all day. I wanted to see what would happen.

32. Marina & Chico

But that is actually nice, you managed to control her BG with food, and she is for at least 2 more cycles on this dose :)

33. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Unless you're talking about a decrease I don't want to hear it :eek::woot:o_O
    I think it worked because I started before she went low, but that doesn't really help, other than the fact that I can leave MC out and leave home... but that's nice!

34. Marina & Chico

I was talking about 2 more cycles after the cheating one :D

i believe the fact that you can control the drops if you start feeding in advance is good info, you just have to see the drops coming before they happen :D

35. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I'm still not increasing, then I just won't prevent the drop :oops::smuggrin::rolleyes:

If I could I would :eek:

36. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

@Marina & Chico speaking of strips... and me and numbers.... right? Just found 50 more I forgot I had, of the old kind :banghead::eek:
    So I don't have 10 left, I have a 60 left!
    I won't do it.... even though I really....really want to :oops::rolleyes: but I won't!!!

37. Marina & Chico

Hahahaha doooooon’t do it :D keep them in case at some point you will be left without stripes at some point :)

i cannot believe you “lost” 50 golden worth stripes :D