30/5 - Djoko : amps 88, +1 155 + 8 52

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, May 30, 2021.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/27-5-djoko-amps-76-restless.247881/#post-2796473

Hello,
    Djoko has a lot of energy and is meowing to go outside but he can't - gotta wait 10 more days buddy! I am proud of him because an old cat with several diseases and after going though a long anesthesia. Animals are so resilient and tough!
    He has diarrhea but this is expected with antibiotics twice a day for 14 days. His recheck is on June 3th instead of June 10th. They want to make sure he does not get infected.
    I find his more BG difficult to regulate. Today was a big jump. I am glad I have just tested him. Wondering if I should give him 0.9U for the next few days.
    Have a good Sunday!
    Marj and Djoko.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Marji, sorry I can't help you out with the dose but I'm happy to hear he has lots of energy this morning and looking to go outside.
    He's one tough cookie. I hope you both have a nice day :bighug::bighug:
    He's so cute

Suzanne & Darcy and Marj & Djoko like this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

There’s not much difference between .9 and 1.0. Let his appetite, difficulty keeping him above 50and how much testing you feel you can do be your guide. I’m glad he’s so resilient.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Djoko is doing so well. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

well he has a bit of pus mixed with blood coming out of his mouth so hopefully this is not infection but we shall see this Friday.
    Thanks!

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

So Friday is his re-check at the dentist? Did they tell you that this discharge from the mouth is normal? I would call the vet next time they are open if they did not mention this to you... just to make sure... I would not wait until Friday. Some blood may be expected? Is he on Clindamycin? I would certainly expect that they would have sent him home with Clindamycin to prevent post-surgical infection.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  7. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I will start a new thread. For some reason, I did not receive this notification. The recheck is on Thursday. I did tell them about the discharge. I have jsut put a cleanser in his mouth and it touched it mouth a bit and blood came out. It is not bleeding but I am wondering if this is normal. It takes 10 days I believe to heal. I really hope he heals properly because I am not going through that again.