31/3 Karl AMPS 52

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marlene82, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Marlene82

Marlene82 Member

Karls BG this morning were only 2.9. When should i reduce dose?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's possible he had gone lower overnight, but without tests one cannot say. Have you given the 1U this morning?

3. Marlene82

Marlene82 Member

Yes i gave him 1u

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

OK. Please get another test later in the cycle to see where he is? If he drops below 50, he earns a reduction.

5. Marlene82

Marlene82 Member

+1 he’s 86

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Marlene, I see that you are following SLGS on your SS. If that is the case, with SLGS we don't recommend shooting under 90, and you would reduce the dose immediately by 0.25u following a number under 90. I see Karl has had a few cycles where he had numbers under 90 but you didn't reduce. Tonight's dose should be 0.75u. If you are following TR, then you can ignore, since reductions are earned if Karl goes under 50. Might be worth updating your signature to show which dosing method you are following (be it SLGS or TR).

Also, keep in mind that with Levemir, the cycles will look different than what Karl used to do on Prozinc. Most kitties usually hit onset around +4 with nadirs around +8, although it has been my experience with Lev that sometimes you can get lowest point in the cycle at preshot. Just something to be aware of. Looks like Karl has done a few cycles like that. And of course, every cat is different, so you need to get a feel for how Lev is working for Karl. It took me quite a while with Mav (a few months at least) and I still get surprised now and again :rolleyes: