? 4/1, Susie, Should I delay lab work tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Apr 1, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-31-susie-228-amps.245498/

My utmost prayers for Susanne and the loss of her Jax.

Update:
    Should I delay lab work scheduled for tomorrow morning due to her glucose being so out of whack today? I left additional food when I had to leave for the entire morning. I now, actually, don't think I needed to do that. It has thrown her glucose "out of whack" and she has been very high. This repeat blood test I have scheduled was to especially check her ALT and AST which have been very high for very long. I don't want today's messed up glucose test to affect her lab results tomorrow. I can still cancel and reschedule for Monday. What does everyone think. These repeat labs are very important to me and I need them to reflect what is truly going on with Susie. Today's bounce might affect the labs.

I'll be leaving at 7:30 am and returning around noon today. I will set up Susie's auto feeder to provide 1/2 can of FF around +4. I'm not worried about her going too low as she is still mostly in the lemon tree or getting high blues. I just say, it is nice to see some improvement. She goes back to the vet to repeat her "senior panel" bloodwork tomorrow. Praying her ALT and AST (and other test results) will be improved.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That's a lovely start this morning! Will you be able to get a BG test before you leave? If so, at that point feed some higher carb food right away...and then perhaps set up the auto-feeder to provide another snack of MC at 2+....

The effort at that point would be to keep her from continuing on down to the lagoon without adult supervision. She can try for the lagoon again another day when you're going to be home...

Her numbers might be higher when you get home, but she'll be safe.

Bellasmom and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

I'm testing in 15 minutes at +1. I don't think she will need a high carb right after that but will leave some medium carb before I leave and then around +4 will leave some low carb. With all this food I really don't think she is going to go low at this point. Thanks for the support Sue.

Suzanne & Darcy and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

You have a good plan! Great AMPS today.

5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Suzanne. If she were in lower numbers I would be panicky about leaving for so long.

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Yes, me too!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Looking good
    Have a great day

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Susie surfs safely. I hope you get good results back from the vet tomorrow.

9. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Work that juice, Susie!!:cat:
    Sending vines for a good vet visit and good test results.