We're back from the vet for a updated I-Stat. I forgot to grab the results, but I think I remember most. BUN has gone down a little bit - at 52 down from 56, but is still elevated. Creatinine was up to 2.0something. He said all her other results were consistent with a 15 year old cat. He's concerned about her diet because of the creeping up of her numbers. He said we're not going to change now, but he's going to call a pet nutritionist on Monday to discuss the case and see what their input would be and then we'll discuss more on Monday. He's leaning towards a low protein diet but he knows I'm hesitant to change a diet that she's eating well on. She lost some weight this week down 8lb 13 oz (post IV hydration) to 8lb 2oz, but he said unless it drops further, he's not ready to be concerned about it. He said if she goes below 8, then we'll revisit. He said her hydration was good. He's good with me lowering her dose to 1.6 TID (which was today's plan.) He was concerned about the 45 readings I was getting at nadir, but I explained how she had no hypo symptoms and was acting and eating fine when I took those numbers and that I had reduced the dose Thursday (1.8) and was planning on reducing the dose again today (1.6) but that I was giving her 3-5 cycles (24 to 40) hours on any dose before I lowered since she wasn't showing signs of distress. We got the owner vet today who is a great guy and once I explained that I knew what a symogyi rebound was and that the 45 was not throwing her into one (and had proof from the 5-10 tests I run each day, he was fine with my dosing strategy and my slow reduction in dose. This was after we had the discussion on how Prozinc and PZI insulin's worked in the average cat and I let him know that 12/12 wasn't working for Ari and the results that we were getting on 8/8/8 and that I was doing the work to make sure it was done safely and for the benefit of Aria. He's sure something is going on with her kidneys, however, so that concerns me, but we're taking it one day at a time. Gator - I may be pulling up your recipe and attempting it this weekend to see if she'll even try it. Edited to add - On the weird (but good) side - Ari's #'s are really good today. She should have hit her nadir at the dr's office, but it was elevated to the 120's while there (which is still fine.) Got her home and here I am at +11.25 waiting for her to get to 160 (my current shoot limit) She's been sitting at 148/150/151 for the last half hour. She also had a 2nd half of the cycle dip. Only 105 (+9) to 97 (+10), but this is when she's usually spiking through the roof. She just ate about a 1/3 of a can of food and went walking around. Going to make myself wait a 1/2 hour this time. The every 15 minute tests are running through strips like water. Now is when I hit the debate of sticking to this dose and seeing if she'll go back to 12/12. Looks like I've got an hour to make a decision.