4/10 calliecat ( its been a while )

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by calliecat an marty, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

Good morning everyone !!

well there are so many new people welcome to all cat_pet_icon :YMHUG:

its been a while since I posted !! (update) In Feburary I fell at a clients home and hurt my arm ( right one the one I use) I fell on ice, I went in for x-rays and they said it was broke :sad: I went to a orthropedic doctor 7 days later and he said its not broke but he thinks it my rotator cuff so I had a mri last monday and will find out the results tomorrow ( right they are about as quick as callies vet :lol: ) the doc thinks I will need surgury :cry: my main concern has been callie through all of this I am the only on who gives her shots , I've been tring to get the dh to get on board with this.

Callie has been a trooper through this I can not use my right arm but she will jump on the counter for her shots cat_pet_icon \M/ :YMPEACE: and I am still able to give her them , checking her bg is a little tricky but we get it done !!

I have decided that I have battled callies numbers long enough on prozinc she has been on it for 10 months and is still not even close to be regulated, so I will start Levemir on weds pm shot !! I hope this works for my baby girl cat_pet_icon
    Callie and I want to thank all of you in pzi land for all your help and advise and just the listening to me rant on , I would be lost without all of you :YMHUG:

Callie and I want all of you to know how much all of you and the FDMB family means to us you are in our thoughts and prayers always !!

wishing everyone a great day and great numbers :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

2. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Sorry about your Arm. I hope the MRI will prove helpful in getting you some treatment.

Good Luck with Lev! It is a great Insulin, maybe it will put Callie in better numbers-- I hope so!

Wishing You and Callie Both Good Luck!

Kim

3. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

So sorry you have to deal with this arm stuff Marty :sad:
    Hope you can get to the bottom of it and heal quickly!

Best of luck with the Lev switch. Please don’t forget to stop in here when you can to say hi tho.
    I hope it works out better for Callie.

:YMHUG: Hugs for good stuff ahead!

4. calliecat an marty

thank you Kim , you are and always will be an inspiration to me ( your go with the flow attitude ) I think of you giving cool kitty her shot in the convience store bathroom all the time and think I need to be more like that !! :cool: I am not going to completly leave pzi I will check in ;-) thanks so much for the well wishes !!

calliecat and marty :YMHUG:

5. calliecat an marty

thank you Donna I could never leave completly :smile:

6. Angela&Henry

Angela&Henry Well-Known Member

So sorry about your arm Marty; I had a torn rotator cuff tendon and it was so painful, good luck if you have to have surgery.
    Wishing Callie the best and hope Levimir will be a good fit for her. Please check in when you can and let us know how you and Callie are doing.
    Angela

7. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Hi Marty
    Great to see you again,
    sorry you got hurt, hopefully you will heal quickly with no surgery!
    And I dont blame you for switcing, I might be seeing you over there soon!
    Good Luck with Levemir!! :mrgreen:

8. calliecat an marty

hello everyone ;-)

welllllllllllll mri results my rotator cuff it completly torn :cry: I have to have surgery grrrrr.

I started callie on Levemir for her pm shot her pmps = 393 and her + 3 = 303 I gave her .75 units , thats a bigger drop in 3 hours than she had all day !!

9. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry about your arm, I hope the surgery fixes everything right up.

Very nice +3, I think Callie likes the Lev already :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.