4/10 Mouzer: AMPS 97/+134/+4 97/+6 84/+9 90/PMPS 140/+2 126/+4 116/+6 118

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cherryl & Mouzer, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

Hoping all goes well with each and every kitty and parent this Caturday :)

As for Mouzer and Me, I cannot say he is getting the exact same does each day, while on 0.25.
    The syringes do not appear to have lubricant. I cannot twist them to slowly get them in place.
    I do my best but I get frustrated because I can only know I have not given 0.5 and hope I have not spit out too much, in trying to avoid 0.5.
    I guess better some than none :rolleyes:

4/9 Mouzer: AMPS 107/+2 77/+6 104/PMPS 95/+2 91/+4 101/+6 135

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Bellasmom likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's hard to measure those in between doses. Maybe you can make up a sample syringe with colored liquid in it to compare your dose to each time. I hope Mouzer surfs safely today.

3. Cherryl & Mouzer

Oh! That is a great idea! I did order a syringe magnifying item, in hopes it helps, but I like your idea even better! Thanks!
    And thank you on good thoughts for Mouzer - And good thoughts from here over to you and Furball, as always!
    Your thread hasnt been made yet, as that I can tell, so I figure you are waiting around for shot time.

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I've got the caliper, lighted magnifying glass and light box. Marje said they would help me with the measuring and they all do. My Mom thinks I'm a rocket scientist. Wish I was and then maybe I would understand diabetes better.

5. Cherryl & Mouzer

I have a caliper on order but after watching the videos, I honestly cannot be sure I will figure out how to use it. I have issues with mechanisms, where they are hard for me to comprehend instructions. I was going to order the light box at the time I ordered the caliper but I saw the price of $60 and did not do it. However, since I may have wasted my money on the caliper because of my issue with comprehending mechanisms, I am glad I did not order the light box, even if I would have :D

6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I have problems with mechanisms too but the caliper was easy. I could not compute the mm per the units, with my specific syringes (UltiCare Vet RX) so asked Marje if she would do it for me. I mailed her two of my syringes and she was kind enough to figure out all the basic mm numbers to use when measuring the units from .25 to 2.25. I don't know what I would have done without her. The caliper was pretty easy. You just have to make sure you shut/close it up completely, then set it to zero before you pull it apart to measure your mm (not inches). Then you just tighten the little screw on top to hold the mm until you need to reset it all for a new dose. I got my lightbox for around $25. I think it was on Amazon but can't remember. Even without the caliper the lighted magnifying glass and light box really, really help me because my vision is not too good.

Cherryl & Mouzer likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

You'll get the calipers down in no time! I struggled at first too...I was putting the 'teeth' of the calipers in the wrong place, duh! I was including the 'hub' or the shoulder of the syringe...don't do what I did...

There's the video on here somewhere and lots of people use calipers to measure every day - I'm a sworn believer in them now! I didn't think I could handle one more challenge with all of this, but I swear they made my life easier since I discovered my Walmart Relion syringes have lines in different places from one syringe to the next! Now I don't look at the lines - I just turn the thing around to the blank side and use my calipers (which I hold up to the light) no light box here - and look at where those little teeth rest on the barrel of the syringe...we also have magnifying glasses with the light on them which DH uses...

I agree with Susie - anything that can help will help ... especially getting the same dose day in and day out...

Have a great day Cherryl!

8. Cherryl & Mouzer

I have watched the videos. These are things I struggle with comprehending. My mind freezes.
    I wont use my cell phone for the same reasons. They overwhelm my mind and I cannot explain it but it makes me mentally and physically sick.
    I am going to work with them and see if I can figure them out myself.
    My dad always laughed about how I am not able to grasp instructions - to read or watch them, but I sure could put a bicycle together better than anyone who read the instructions hahaha

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  9. Cherryl & Mouzer

I wear glasses, which could probably use an update lol I got these in 2012. I still cannot see certain things so well at times.
    These syringe half markings are too tiny and with the inbetween doses, the plunger covers the black mark and I cannot tell how far from it I am, and with this 0.25 dose, I cannot tell how far either way I am hahaha I like Carla's idea of one with colored liquid to compare with. That, my mind can grasp :D

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Looking good this am
    Have a great day

11. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank You! Did you see my post over in Susie's condo? Asking about Mouzer going to the vet?
    Oh! I hope you have a great day too!

12. Kathy and tiger

Kathy and tiger Well-Known Member

Mouzer is looking great! You seem to be doing a really good job Cheryl! Hang in there!:)

13. Cherryl & Mouzer

I thank you for your kind words but I am kind of a shy type if people want to give me credit for anything hahaha
    I cant say it is me at all lol It is Mouzer doing whatever it is that Mouzer does. I am just along for the ride heehee

Kathy and tiger likes this.
  14. Cherryl & Mouzer

Mouzer aint lookin so great to me right now --- I would laugh but it aint funny :(

15. Cherryl & Mouzer

With Mouzer's PM numbers, I am having all kinds of things go through my mind ...
    Is 0.25 not enough, but 0.5 is too much...
    Is my issue with consistency the problem, because I am struggling with finding 0.25 -
    I could have not given a full 0.25 tonight or this morning...
    Or is Mouzer having a bad evening for some reason, which he does not appear to be having a bad evening...
    I have no idea what to think but this is confusing me and depressing at the same time.
    I have a personal issue that took place this morning that is impacting my entire day.
    I wish I knew if I did not give a full 0.25.

16. Cherryl & Mouzer

I am done for the night. I have plenty of data, even though sadly blue.
    I started Mouzer on Zyrtec yesterday. I dont think it would impact bg, but I have no idea.
    I found this said about Zyrtec:
    What about Other Antihistamines? Thankfully, antihistamines, including the popular allergy medicine Claritin, do not raise blood sugar.
    However, some products, such as Benadryl, may cause drowsiness, and interfere with your daily activities, including your diabetes care.

I found this thread in the forum. So, I should stop Zyrtec and see if Mouzer goes back to green. It appears Zyrtec could impact some cats' bg levels.
    And so, what do I do for Mouzer's sinuses?
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/zyrtec-and-high-blood-sugar.86843/

17. carfurby (GA)

I've given Zyrtec to Furball for her sneezing and it hasn't affected her BG.

18. Cherryl & Mouzer

I did find this thread in the forum, I edited to add to my previous post ...
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/zyrtec-and-high-blood-sugar.86843/
    In it, someone says that some cats appear to be impacted by Zyrtec.
    I guess I should stop and not give it for several days and see if Mouzer's blues go away.
    If they dont go away, I can know it is not the Zyrtec.
    I just dont know what else to do for his sinuses and I wanted to do something, in case that would help his bg.

19. carfurby (GA)

I'm so sorry about Tommy Cat. Fly free sweet kitty. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

The blues could be from bouncing or not enough insulin. If Mouzer needs the Zyrtec I'd keep giving it to him and just keep an eye on his numbers. They will probably come back down tomorrow.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  20. Cherryl & Mouzer

Thank you about my Tommy Cat. I am in great pain of the heart and keep pushing myself to continue this day.
    That is a good idea, to keep giving the Zyrtec and watch his numbers. I dont think I will want to increase dose until I can know for sure it is not the Zyrtec. So, if blues stay tomorrow, I will stop Zyrtec the following day and watch for two days to see what happens. If those blues do not go away, I am uncertain what to do -- if 0.25 is not enough and 0.5 is too much ... What a worrisome ordeal diabetes is :(