4/13 Jasper - AMPS 173 ...skipping this am.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

Rough night. Must sleep.

His other mommy doesn't know how to test and isn't comfortable with him getting insulin with such a lower number and his last two cycles so we're going to skip this am.

2. Jasper Blue and Jay

High enough at +4 so we gave a token dose.

I see some people do every 8 hours... 8 hours from now is when he's due again anyway. And this probably won't move his numbers much anyway, maybe just a little.

Then probably .5 or .75 at his regular shot... and we'll see again in the am.

I am thinking about trying to get some u100 syringes... because it seems like his "sweet spot" might be somewhere in between .5 and .75. :(

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

@Elizabeth and Bertie
    I’m not sure about the every 8 hrs shots?? And using u100 needles for prozinc

4. Jasper Blue and Jay

I can't remember who specifically does 3x a day, every 8 hours, I read so many posts every day lol. We're not switching to that schedule, just explaining why I felt safe giving him his token shot 4 hours late that day but still safe to give him his next shot at his regular time. It helps me process what I'm doing if I write it out and explain the reasoning to myself so it's not just random. but I've also seen 13/11 dosing too, that one is in the protocol I think? I can't remember. And I've seen a lot of people recommend u100 for prozinc, there's a conversion chart, I glanced at it but dreading have to do that because it seems highly frowned upon by vets. Not that I'm not willing to do it if I know it's safe, just don't want the vet to think I'm doing some kind of medical negligence or something until I can feel out how open to it she is. Anyway, that's a problem for another day.

Anyway, hope Bella and Andy are doing well!

5. Bellasmom

R u all ok, havent seen u post in a cpl days
    Looked at ss and I think it's time for an increase and I would stick to the u40 syringes and give every 12 hrs

Djamila likes this.
  6. Jasper Blue and Jay

Heya, thanks for checking in, yep we're doing good.

Bellasmom likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Looking good