4/14 Mookie PMPS 165, +2/214

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randa & Mookie, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randa & Mookie

Randa & Mookie Well-Known Member

AMPS 173, +2/62, +3/42, +3.3/39, +3.6/61, +4/51, +4.5/48, +5/75, +6/79, +8/69, +11/78

Yesterday

I added a couple of drops back into Mookie's dose this morning, from f1.00 to 1.25, and he's keeping me busy. The gravy in HC FF seems to upset his tummy, so I'm using MC Elegant Medleys with drops of Karo. I'm still trying to figure out how much to give him, but each time he drops below 50 his BG reacts differently to food.

Other than being fussy about not going outside (because we're in testing mode), he's a healthy, happy kitty today. We're gearing up for a big snowstorm coming in tonight -- the same system that's on top of Anne and Liz right now.

I appreciate each and every one of you as I share in the grief of our LL friends. Wishing you a peaceful day.

Attached Files:

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 4/14 Mookie AMPS 173, +2/62, +3/42, +3.3/39, +3.6/61 P

Hmmm....I think you increased twice on a bounce and he decided to clear it this morning OR he had NDW going on from the increase to f1u. I don't think his numbers this morning are from the 1.25u.

I find that on increases, you need to give them a little time....and the protocol definitely calls for that. Looks to me like he was bouncing from the greens on 4/11 and then you took him up before he cleared it and then took him up again a little too soon.

With that 39, you'll have to take him back down. If you only take him to the f1u, you'll need to watch him very closely because that is probably the dose that gave you the 39. :D I love seeing the greens on his SS though!

I love the pic....the tulips are gorgeous!!!

We appreciate you, too, Randa....I'm glad you are posting again.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Randa - what a beautiful photo! Mookie looks so regal. You must really have a beautiful garden.

And snow? :shock: seriously? :shock: :shock: wow..... and in April.... well, hope you don't get hit too hard. Stay warm!

Very nice numbers today - sure looks like Mookie is keeping you very busy. You've gotten very good at managing the numbers. I hear you on the food experiments. Sometime I think it is ever-lasting. I use the elegant medleys alot too when I need to bump Mannie up. They work well for him. And I think I have tried just abnout everything, and now that I know which ones work best, his cupboard is down to a few tried and trues.

I like the sentiment expressed: about appreciating all, as we all share an immense amount of grief this week.

Good luck with this cycle - and the reduction. Surf well Mookie!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Please be very, very, very careful about increasing the dose on a bounce and increasing when you've not allowed 3 days between dose increases. The TR Protocol, by its very nature, is aggressive. Its point is to bring numbers down as quickly and safely as possible. By increasing Mookie's dose even more aggressively than what the protocol stipulates, you are taking a big risk. That 39 was well caught but still a "heads up."

I would strongly encourage you to take the full reduction and shoot 1.0u tonight.

5. Randa & Mookie

Re: 4/14 Mookie AMPS 173, +2/62, +3/42, +3.3/39, +3.6/61 D

I'll take the full reduction tonight. I'm really not sure if I gave him a fat 1.0, a skinny 1.25 or 1.25, because I'm not sure on the differences when a dose is between hatch marks.

Would someone clarify for me the difference between a bounce and a failed reduction? I do I recognize one or the other?

On Mookie's SS, he earned a reduction for the PM cycle on 4/9, from 1.25 to 1.0. I held that dose for 7 cycles. When he stayed yellow and pink the next two cycles I thought it was an indication of a failed reduction, so I increased the dose to a fat1.0, rather than going back to the last good dose, which was 1.25. I could have gone to 1.25 then (or so I thought) and didn't, so I went up today.

Tell me again how that was wrong, please - I really want to understand.

6. Marje and Gracie

Re: 4/14 Mookie AMPS 173, +2/62, +3/42, +3.3/39, Dose ?

If he gets into green and bounces back up, you should give him six cycles to clear the bounce before you assume it is a failed reduction. So when he got into green on the evening of 4/11, then tonight would have been six cycles for the bounce to clear. As quickly as he has been clearing them, though, I think you would have seen it sooner and then known it was not a failed reduction. You only gave him two cycles to bounce and then took him up to f1u for only two cycles and then took him up again.

The only positive way to tell it is a failed reduction is if you give him the full six cycles to clear the bounce and the numbers stay high. I understand your concern....I know it does not take Gracie six cycles to clear a bounce and I'm fairly aggressive with taking her back up....but I have tons and tons of data on her.....and you are building it with Mookie.

Seeing how quickly Mookie has been clearing his bounces, I probably would have been tempted to take him to the f1u after two bouncy cycles...but then I would have left him there for at least six cycles .....but would have read the protocol again to see what he was doing compared to what it states before I took him up any more.

It's a good thing you test as much as you do. ;-)

7. Randa & Mookie

Re: 4/14 Mookie AMPS 173, +2/62, +3/42, +3.3/39, +3.6/61

Thank you for the feedback!

8. Marje and Gracie

You are always welcome!!! :D :D

9. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

What a beautiful photo of Mookie :D

Good luck with the reduction - and putting your patience pants on while it settles in :smile:

10. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

Mookie's gettin' down to business!! Love the pic of him with the tulips. :D cat_pet_icon

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Randa,
    That's a good explanation from Marje. Good luck on the reduction redux. Mookie looks so handsome in that pic with the beautiful tulips. Thanks again for your calorie explanation. Right now it has become moot! I'm just trying to get as many calories as I can into Rusty!!

Have a good evening and enjoy your snowstorm,

Ella & Rusty

12. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Moonie is swooning from the pix of that handsome Mookie!!!!! He Is Gorgeous!!
    About the bounce question, it can take up to 72 hours for a bounce to clear..That is quite normal, so 2 cycles wouldnt really do it!
    Moonie has had many failed reductions in these last few yrs., so we wait for 3 40's numbers to take a full reduction--Actually, I have been using her 0.5U dose & go either a drop up, or a drop down as she needs it..
    She is really doing great, well controlled, so I dont rock the boat too much..A 0.25 added or deducted would be way too much for her at this point, but if she got a 39 or a 30's number, I would reconsider that !

Many cats do well on drops increased or decreased, but still this is still trial & error, just like with the foods...We use Elegant Medleys for our MC-HC..It works really well for her--So do temptations, but
    I use them very sparingly--Like 3-5 each hour, and no more than 12 a day..Dont want her to fly up high!
    Mookie is doing amazing-great going Miss Randa-Fine job there!! Keep It UP!!!
    Hugs & love from us!!

13. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/14 Mookie PMPS 165

Randa, what a beautiful pic of Mookie with the red tulips. Very educational condo today. Hugs to you and Mookie.

14. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Excellent PMPS - well done Mookie!!! Now surf this well, OK? no more diving....

15. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Randa. I agree with Ann. very informational condo today.
    Mookie is soooo handsome. I love his coloring. :D

16. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Mookie is a very handsome guy! I hope you didn't put away your snow shovels. :D We got at least 10".
    Liz

17. Randa & Mookie

Thank you all for your visits, advice, and encouragement today. And of course for admiring Mookie. :D

18. Daphne#5 GA

Daphne#5 GA Well-Known Member

Oh, Mookie you are such a handsome boy! I think I will show your picture to Daphne, maybe they can friend each other on Facebook :lol:

Great job today Randa,...crazy day for you, but it looks like you got lots of good advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.