? 4/18 Taz, AMPS-171, +5-182, +9-241, PMPS-194, +4-155

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SaraMV, Apr 18, 2022.

1. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  2. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Wendy answered you yesterday.

4. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

If your still using an AT meter your goal is to have him mostly between 68 and 120 that is considered normal bg for a cat on AT.

Personally I say there is most likely room for an increase. He needs to ditch those yellows and higher blues he is seeing. Youndonhave some data to support increase but it's a bit spotty so if he is coming any lower [not dangerous low dont worry) we arent seeing it. However, since you haven't done a curve I'd feel better if others chimed in and either disagreed or agreed with me on the increase.

Suzanne & Darcy and SaraMV like this.
  5. tiffmaxee

Wendy said with SLGS the goal is nadirs under 150. If my cat I would want to see if I could get nadirs a little lower and get rid of the yellows though. Has he lost any more weight? What’s his ideal weight? Max was not active either and I could not get him to lose.

SaraMV and Rainbow Conti like this.
  6. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Just saw Wendy's post...ok so like Elise if my cat I'd want nadirs a little lower and get those preshot numbers down out of the yellows.

LM was never crazy active either. Difference was with diabetes he actually lost tons of weight and we had to gain back...now I ride a find line of keeping him from re gaining to overweight.

SaraMV likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

My post said "mostly there", which means some room for improvement. I'd like to see all of his nadirs under 150, not just the odd one.

8. tiffmaxee

Sorry, Wendy. I misunderstood. So good to increase?

9. Wendy&Neko

I think there is room for an increase. The lowest he's seen in the last week is the 130's, which gives room for improvement down to the 90's for nadirs.

10. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

I agree! His nadir has been jumping around a little. Today his +5 is 127, which is definately lower than I'm used to seeing at his +5. I'm wondering if we missed a low or if he just dropped lower later in his cycle.

I don't think he's lost any more weight. He's awake 80% of the time now instead of sleeping, and is actually running to his AF when it goes off every couple of hours. He plays with his little sister sometimes too. It's nice to see him awake, alert, and active. He's a big cat, so I'm not sure what his ideal weight is. We were just told that he needs to lose some after he was diagnosed.

I was in a hurry this morning, walking out the door for work when I tagged people. I tried to tag you first but I couldn't remember your first name and you weren't coming up under "@Neko". So I appreciate you chiming in.

I thought his numbers were pretty good, although I don't like those yellows (but they're better than purples. Lol). But since today is only Tuesday, and I can't do a curve for another 4 days, I was scared of holding a dose for too long. Its hard to tell because I know I'm missing his nadirs most of the time, but I also see a lot of higher blue numbers. I wasn't sure if I should increase now or wait until the curve. Thank you everyone for your help.

11. Wendy&Neko

You test enough that you don't need to wait for a curve. There are two goals of the curve, one is to see how low he's getting on a dose, the second to get an idea how he's using insulin, so timing of onset, nadir, duration. Not all people following SLGS get mid cycle tests (though they should if they can), so the curve is a safety step. The mid cycle tests you are doing do give us an idea how low he's going on this dose, plus you have been really consistent for most cycles getting that second (or more) test, so we know you aren't missing any hidden lows.

SaraMV likes this.
  12. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

So it's two for Taz. Hope you're having a good day, Sara (and Taz too.)

SaraMV likes this.