4/19/2020 Vlad's Numbers

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Kyle&Vlad, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Kyle&Vlad

Kyle&Vlad Member

Increased Vlad's dose to 4.2U a couple days ago. Boy is he ever bouncing. I know I should just stay the course. But those numbers are ugly. Bleck! Just posting to vent. Hopefully in the next couple days he starts to get used to this dose, we'll see. Poor lil' dude.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Yikes! Hope Vlad clears again soon!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Vlad is bouncing, and bouncing high "on the trampoline"!

Come back down to the lower yellows or pinks Vlad. It's safe there.

4. Kyle&Vlad

Kyle&Vlad Member

If he doesn't stop bouncing after 6 cycles should I consider coming down? He definitely doesn't seem like he's feeling great.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  5. Deb & Wink

I think you might want to hold the dose for longer than 6 cycles. Give the new dose more time to see what it does.
    Maybe hold for 8-10 cycles.

6. Kyle&Vlad

Kyle&Vlad Member

Ugh. Fur shot this morning. Not a great start to the day. Now I get to watch high numbers all day. He's gotten harder to give a shot to now that he's so skinny.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  7. Kyle&Vlad

Kyle&Vlad Member

Do high numbers tend to disturb your cat's appetites? Since he's been bouncing like this I can hardly get him to eat. Might have to call the vet and spend more money on this guy, if they can give him something for his appetite.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  8. Deb & Wink

Might want to ask this question in the Feline Health (Welcome & Main) forum. More people there to see it.

My diabetic cat died 3 years ago. My current cat only has early CKD, and eats like there is never going to be another meal. ;) Part of her feral colony heritage.