4/19 Darcy PMPS 266, +2 224, +3.25 179

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I hope to avoid any drama. I shot only ten units, and will see how that works for him today. I can always go back up -- I have a feeling I will need to tweak this dose a bit.

I'm concerned because I have to report for Jury Duty next Monday, April 26. I hope he's going to be nice and stable at that time since I will be gone for hours -- hopefully, I won't be selected for a jury right now and will be able to go home and not go back for an entire week (or more!)

I hope everybody is going to have a great Monday.

Yesterday's:https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...bump-4-5-73-64-8-5-99-91.246288/#post-2779189

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Reason for edit: add yesterday's thread
    Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Darcy surfs safely today. Hopefully you won't get selected for jury duty. :bighug:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like a good safe AMPS this morning, Suzanne. What a bummer you might get called to jury duty. Maybe having a diabetic cat can help you get out of it - especially if he is going through a transition that worries you. You should call and see if you can be excused. Tell them that you can provide a written confirmation of this from your vet. Just a suggestion.

4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Darcy is doing amazing. Congrats on the reduction!
    I am sure that Wendy and others will be able to help you figure out what to do so that Darcy stays safe while you are at jury duty next Monday. Will anyone else be home who can test and feed him if needed?
    I hope your back feels better.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

You can tell them you have a special needs at home, just don't say it's an animal. Hopefully he will settle down a bit. Maybe get auto feeder.

Isn't cabergoline fun!!!!!! How is your back.

6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Definitely agree with Paula' idea;)

7. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Darcy surfs safely today. Have a great day Suzanne

8. Suzanne & Darcy

You're clever... that idea reminds me of the time you needed your cabergoline delivered! Yes, I just don't have to be specific about what kind of special needs I am dealing with at home.

My back is maybe 10% better today. Going to chiropractor in about 25 minutes.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

I think I will leave my daughter at home with Darcy while I am gone, since she doesn't have classes that day. She'll be disappointed because she wants to come along and see what happens (but I'm sure it will be boring anyway). But I can have peace of mind knowing that somebody will be here to keep an eye on him. :cat:

10. Suzanne & Darcy

So I did panic a little and dropped his dose too much last night (and this a.m.) but I wasn't very mobile and didn't want to deal with it. Now that I've done this 10 units during the daytime and have a better idea of what is going on, I see that I will need to increase the dose.

11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:L
    Suzanne, how is your back? Are you able to move around? So much stress trying to get Darcy to a safe place, prayers for finding a safe dose. Have you asked for an extension on the jury duty or don’t they do that in your state? Hoping you are feeling better. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Call it two partial fur shots, a failed reduction, whatever. What dose do you think you'd be comfortable with?

When Neko was in her last months, I had to appear for a jury call. It was for a several months long murder trial for someone who was accused of killing his mother, cutting her into bits, stuffing it into a suitcase and tossing it into the ocean. The suitcase was found on a beach. The mother was about my age.:eek: Needless to say, I didn't want to tie up months of my time for that case and Neko was taking a lot of my time at that point. When they called my name, I did the emotional "have a diabetic cat with heart/kidney disease and lymphoma" stick. I was excused - though I think all females of the mother's age were getting excused by the defendant's lawyers.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Did the person get convicted of murder in the end?

14. Suzanne & Darcy

Hi Adrienne. My back is a little bit better (about 10%) today. At least I can get up and down a little better. I did go to the chiropractor and she did some good, but it's a pretty messed up back so it's going to take more than one visit this week. I'm just happy to be feeling in less pain. I won't pick up Darcy (he's pretty heavy) from the floor, but luckily my kids will, or he frequently will just jump up to his bar stool for testing! Thanks for asking. I feel badly talking about pain to you though... when your own pain must be off the charts at times! How did Dolly do for the rest of the day after she dropped into mid-greens this morning?

15. Suzanne & Darcy

As far as dose goes... I had thought about increasing the dose by one unit every day to get him back to a dose where he won't go into the yellows. Would that be a bad idea?

16. Wendy&Neko

Yes.
    Yes, not a good idea. This won't allow the depot to stabilize and show you what the dose can do. Personally, I would jump to 15 and hold the dose for six cycles.

17. Suzanne & Darcy

Okay, Chief ;)We'll give it a go (as long as 15 doesn't drop him too low). Yeah, was thinking increasing like that every day would be very unstable (inconsistent).

18. Wendy&Neko

If and when you increase, make sure you can monitor that cycle. A bigger jump can sometimes cause one more active cycle. My experience with that was a full shot after a fur shot. :oops: Hopefully your back is better now. :bighug:

19. Suzanne & Darcy

Does that mean I should not increase tonight?

20. Wendy&Neko

Depends if you feel up to it. He also might not have an active cycle cause his dose is so much lower. Predicting cats is a mugs game. ;) See where his PMPS is and if rising or flat.

21. Suzanne & Darcy

I went with the 15.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  22. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm glad your back is a little better. I hope you don't get picked for jury duty.
    Get a note from your chiropractor if you can saying how bad your back is and you cannot sit , you're got to be in bed

When I would get picked I would get a note ahead of time and send it in with the notice from my doctor . I have as always excused. Good luck ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

@Wendy&Neko that would be a horrible trial to sit through.

When I had Smokey and husband travel for work, I was called for special grand jury to prosecute the State Attorney General. It was going to be 4 hrs from home, for 1 week a month for 2 yrs. No way I could do that. They said any boarding required would be paid for. But I couldn't board 4 cats. If I took Smokey with me, roommate would have to be ok with cats and I wouldn't be able to check him during the day. And what would happen to other 3 cats the 4 days husband wasn't home. Thank God they released me.

24. Suzanne & Darcy

Uh oh. He's already at 179 at +3.25. I'll check again in 45 minutes. Hope he's not going to drop too much more. I wanted to go to bed.

25. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Wish you would have said something more than 10% improvement, that’s barely worth noting. Unfortunately I have a lot of back pain as well but mine comes from walking with the walker and not standing correctly. Hope tomorrow is a better day. Hope Darcy is getting more towards where he needs to be, has to be so stressful. :nailbiting: Sending feel better thoughts and prayers your way, Darcy too!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug: