4/20/21 - Squeaky! AMPS = 215 +8.5=109, PMPS = 153 +7=106 !!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

To me it's helpful to get a test before PS when I can so I know if Furball is going up or down at PS. However, you need to take care of yourself and getting sleep is a good thing. I hope Squeaky slides down and surfs today.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I don’t think you need a +9 unless he’s gone low at your before bed test. To see f he’s on the rise just grab a test at +11 or +11.5.

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  4. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks, Gals. I suspect I am totally dense. I still, no matter how much I try, do not understand why I need to know if he's rising between +7 and +11.5. I will know if he is up or down from mid-cycle at PS. I sure don't understand this.

Maybe if doing TR, however, I do know that I cannot test Squeaky over and over, so I can't do TR if his numbers are lower. I have to change to GLGS. I also don't change his food and give him any carbs. He gets all protein. So it won't make any difference with the food.

I feel like a total dummy, but what changes in 1 hour if he's going up or down? If he's way down at PS, then I can just feed him more and check him again later if he's really low. If he's up at PS, then he's okay. Gosh I feel so stupid. Thanks in advance for probably pointing out the obvious, to a dummy.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

With Furball if her PS # is higher than her +10 test I can guess she is heading up for the cycle and will most likely bounce. I don't have to worry about her going too low. If her PS # is lower than the +10 test, I know I need to test early to catch a drop because she may go down during that cycle. You're not a dummy for not getting things. It takes time to learn. Everyone learns differently. :bighug::bighug:

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I hope Squeaky is feeling well today!

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't criticize yourself, Jan. All questions are valid questions. Keep asking. That is how we learn.

8. Jan D & Squeaky

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  9. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks Suzanne!!!! We had some low numbers and I feel relieved! Wishing you good numbers too!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  10. Jan D & Squeaky

Hmmm, well Furball seems to have pretty dramatic swings in numbers at times. And I see that you are testing, like 7 times a day!!!! Squeaky starts getting neurotic when I do more than 4. I just can't test him a lot. I think the workable thing for us to do is just to test 4 times a day, and if he's getting green, then a bit more.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  11. Jan D & Squeaky

Oh dear, now it's +6 and he's hiding under the bed. Definitely not feeling well. We had a nice time dancing this morning, though.