4/20 Cargo AMPS 289, PMPS 278, 97@3.75, 91@4.25, 75@4.75, 60@5.25, 61@5.75

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mel and Cargo, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Yesterday

Good morning! Well, another day and another high AMPS. Can anyone please advise how to get out of this high AM cycle rut? I am pretty happy with his PM cycle numbers, just trying to get the AMs to match.

I hope everyone is doing well out there! I am thankful for you all and this community!

2. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Good evening,

Looks like Cargo has just earned a dose reduction. However my question from this morning remains.

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are about doing a slightly higher dose in the AM vs. the PM cycle? So, with his earned reduction, maybe keep 1.75U in the AM and shoot 1.5U in the PM?

Thanks!

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately on SLGS when kitty goes under 90, he earns a dose reduction.

Is there a reason you're not switching to TR? It looks like you test enough.

Well, I have to take that back - not enough tests during the day - do you work?

If you switch to TR, then you'd need to reduce if he goes under 50.

4. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Hi Sue! @Sue and Luci

While I had a bunch of time off due to Covid I was able to do TR because when I'm home I am able to test a lot. But now that things are recovering I'm back to work and since I travel for a living, another member suggested going back to SLGS to keep Cargo safe. And to be honest, I like the safety margin it affords because since Cargo is a long timer he wouldn't get a reduction until under 40, which is kind of scary (at least for me!)! LOL! But yes, I'm still stuck with his high AM cycles for now and the reduction from last night probably won't help that. Is there some secret feeding schedule that might bring down those daytime numbers?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That's an issue...can't feed your way down from higher numbers - the only thing that will bring those numbers down is more insulin. The high numbers indicate that she has too much sugar in her blood stream...meaning her pancreas isn't producing enough insulin on it's own to handle the glucose that she's got floating around in there...which also means she's not able to absorb the nutrients from the food she's eating.

So the best thing to do is increase slowly until those higher numbers start to come down...sorry about you having to go back to work. But it can be done...

The thing that we don't know is how low the dose is taking her in the daytime. She's obviously bouncing this morning from those lovely greens you saw last night - and she'll come down - the question is when...could be today, could be sometime later on...no one knows how long it takes kitties to clear bounces but seems as time progresses they clear them faster.

I say steady as she goes for now...how much insulin did you give this morning?