? 4/22 Benny AMPS 173 +4 359

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ben&Squirrel, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-17-benny-amps-414-3-188-5-124-7-81-9-147-pmps-135.262152/

Hi everyone!

Benny's numbers have been pretty low for the last day or so, and then a big jump today from AMPS to +4.

I gave him a lot to eat this morning and he gobbled it up and asked for more. Could that be the reason for the jump? Might this be a bounce? Or just a response to the reduced insulin doses due to his lower BG numbers recently?

I've been working on choosing a method but am leaning toward SLGS.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think he’s bouncing. It can take up to 6 cycles to clear. Nice to see that string of green.

3. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I was so excited...and worried, lol. I finally had to go to sleep hoping that he would not go any lower or have hypoglycemia. Looking at the green string, how worried should I have been that additional numbers would have gone into the hypoglycemia range?

4. tiffmaxee

The time to worry is if he’s under 50. Then you feed hc and test in 20-30 minutes. With SLGS a reduction is earned under 90 but he’s safe unless under 50. Whenever he approaches those numbers feed and retest in 30 minutes. You want him on the way up without food before you stop monitoring. You can always feed mc or even hc if you need to leave or go to bed. Last night since he was staying in the 70’s I would have fed a little lc and gone to bed.

5. tiffmaxee

6. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

OK, good, that helps. Thanks, @tiffmaxee! I always learn so much from you. I am prone to a lot of anxiety where my babies are concerned but I'm going to have to get over that with Benny bc we want those lower green numbers.

7. tiffmaxee

You’re welcome.