? 4/23/2022 Lucifer- AMPS 427, +2 404, +6 378, PMPS 654, +2 682, +3 680

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LoufsMama, Apr 24, 2022.

1. LoufsMama

LoufsMama Member

Sigh. I am very frustrated and am not sure what is going on. Louf has been fully switched to the can food listed on the page. (He refused every brand except for his friskies so I stick to the ones on the list). He was increased to 2 units Friday. Yesterday his numbers were much better (still not great but in the 300s at one point). Then boom night comes and it is SUPER high. Now this morning I test and his AMPS is 647. Not sure what to do next. My vet is not very helpful and we can't see the new vet until May 9th. She told me that I should not be using the generic glargine? Is this a thing? Any advice would be extremely welcomed :)

2. LoufsMama

LoufsMama Member

Just retook his numbers and he’s now up to 725. I don’t get it :( I know the insulin doesn’t technically start until after two hours so hoping im a few it’ll go down. This is the highest he’s ever been.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Onset can be early or late. For Max it was usually +2.5-3. He just hasn’t hit the right dose yet. Patience pants get passed around a lot here. Follow TR and at some point you will see progress. :bighug:

LoufsMama likes this.
  4. LoufsMama

LoufsMama Member

Thank you. Yes I plan to continue the TR. I know after today (day 3) he would have to go up another .05. I just feel so bad that he’s up so high.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I've seen other cats around on the generic glargine. I believe the FDA has ruled it's interchangeable with Lantus glargine.

Patience is indeed key. Some cats need a little more insulin than others. TR is your fastest way of getting there safely.

LoufsMama likes this.