4/23 Aria

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hope and Aria, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Back from the vet with the latest I-Stat #'s. Previous numbers were 2 weeks ago in parens. The only ones I knew to check for sure were the BUN and creatinine which have both gone down, which is good. Get to go a whole month without another blood test (woo hoo!)

Na - 149 (148)
    K - 4.2 (4.0)
    Cl - 124 (119)
    iCa - 1.31 (1.34)
    TCO2 - 18 (22)
    BUN - 41 (52) <-- Yay
    Creatinine - 1.8 (2.0) <--mini yay! Wish it was a little more improved, but that's still an improvement.
    Hct - 32% (31%)
    Hb - 10.9 (10.5)
    AnGap - 13 (12)

On the insulin side, .2 held her fairly flattish on the overnight, so I bumped up to .3 this morning.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

It's all greek to me, but I like the mini-yay. :) Hope she is feeling well, and likes her 0.3u today. :D

3. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

LOL! I was thinking about you and Bix today with my .3. Who would have thought I'd ever have a dose getting this precise. So far, 110 at +6, but we had the vet's visit, so I'm not sure how the numbers were affected because of it. Just grabbed her +10 and she's at 106 so I don't have a clue what to think about that (but the good thoughts of "Yay! 106!" Guess the +12 will be the true measure of what the heck is going on with her. I'm going to have to guess that her nadir fell somewhere in between the +6 and +10 (odd, but hey, what the heck) and that's when she decided to pee in my office. Got to get some puppy pads.

So, for now I'm on the .3 train. So if Bixie gives you any trouble, just switch him to .3. I'm sure that'll work! :lol:

ETA - So, the debate goes on. +12 - 140. Too low to shoot. Going to give her a half hour and test again.

4. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Had to leave this morning and knew I wasn't coming back so even though she was at 140, I shot a low .2, maybe a slightly fat one, but I'm waiting for the syringes with 1/2 unit markings to come in, so it was slightly more than .2 but could have been close to .3.

+4 - 83. That's a nice respectable green number. Hoping the +6-+8 doesn't go too much lower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.