? 4/23 Victor AMPS 9.6/173 PMPS 5.3/95- no shoot?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by H Allen, Apr 23, 2022.

1. H Allen

H Allen Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

A daily supplement of methylcobalamin B12 (not cyanocobalamin B12) helps with neuropathy. What really helps is bringing their blood sugar under control which you are doing now. Sometimes there is a lag between BG coming under control and the neuropathy resolving.

Vitacost ships internationally:
    https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-vitamin-b-12-methylcobalamin-5000-mcg-100-capsules-6

You can also look locally on Amazon etc for methyl-B12. You want the ones without any flavours or sugar. It is tasteless and odourless and can be mixed in food.

More info here: Feline Diabetic Neuropathy (weak Back legs)

3. H Allen

H Allen Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  4. Bandit's Mom

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It should be fine. I never had to use b12. Check the strength.

6. Bandit's Mom

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I bought Zobaline from Life Link. Very small tablets.

8. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

9. H Allen

H Allen Member

I didn't do a NADIR today sorry- I let him go all day because I was around to monitor if anything went wrong- and he had the best day he's had in months- wrestling, moving faster...eating , drinking....but now our PMPS is 5.3/95....I've never been in the position of a green at a PMPS.....I'm thinking I don't shoot?

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since you are following SLGS, yesterday's 74 meant you should have reduced the dose to 1.75 units. That is what you should shoot tomorrow morning.

Eventually you will have enough data to shoot numbers above 90. Next time you see a number lower than you feel comfortable shooting, do not feed, and wait 15-20 minutes before testing again, to see if he's coming up.

11. H Allen

H Allen Member

+3 was only 122 - still too low for me to comfortably shoot and sleep! I forgot about the reduction as I seen the posts after - I started the reduction on 4/24 sorry!

Bandit's Mom likes this.