? 4/24/22 AMPS 291, +4 119

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by zerovector, Apr 24, 2022.

1. zerovector

zerovector Member

Finally seeing some normalish numbers after the first full week of Lantus. I imagine it's at this point where I decide how to proceed with dosing - 1U seems to be doing the trick at the moment. Is there anything else I should consider? I will be sharing these curves with the vet tomorrow.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Previous post for continuity
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/black-amps-495-4-473-9-583-pmps-hi.262324/
    I can tag a few members for you , by the way when you post on the lantus board please link your previous days post to your new one :cat:

@Wendy&Ponix

@tiffmaxee

@Bron and Sheba (GA)

@Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  3. zerovector

zerovector Member

106 at +8

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Since you are seeing numbers under 200 you will hold the 1.0 dose for at least 10 cycles. It will be interesting to see if there’s a bounce. Nice to see all the blue continuing.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Can you remind me which Royal Canin kidney food he is eating? Dry or wet and how much?

6. zerovector

zerovector Member

Hi, it's Renal Diet D Wet. He stopped eating dry food well before his diabetes diagnosis. His tooth fell out in august, he stopped eating dry food then i think because his bottom tooth was loose/painful, and he's been on wet food since then. At that time, when I rushed him to the vet, his BG was 158 and the vet didn't mention any issues.

7. Wendy&Neko

OK, that Renal D is 16% carbs, which counts as high carb. Is he eating that exclusively now? I know you have tried other things. TR requires an all low carb wet or raw food diet, so that means following SLGS. And if you are getting nadirs in the 90-149 range, you hold the dose. So keep at 1.0 units for now.

He's looking pretty good at that dose right now. How is he feeling/acting in these better numbers? It's gotta to feel better for him.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  8. zerovector

zerovector Member

It's been frustrating trying to get him to eat low carb - he just absolutely will not touch any low carb weruva that meets kidney cat phosphorus needs.

He currently eats boiled chicken in the morning and the RC at night.

As for behavior, less anxious, doesn't have that wobble walk and sits on his butt now. He still sleeps a lot, he is 18 after all.

9. Wendy&Neko

That sounds like a great kitty report!

10. zerovector

zerovector Member

It's absolutely the renal food - his numbers were out of control again tonight. He still won't touch Weruva - is cooked steak/beef nutritionally complete for cats? He will eat that, just like he likes plain boiled chicken.

11. Wendy&Neko

Cooked meat is not complete, but you can buy premixes that do make it complete. Alnutrin or EZComplete are CKD friendly.

12. zerovector

zerovector Member

I have some EZcomplete arriving soon, I will try to just get him on cooked meats since i know he likes it and it's easy.