4/25 Max AMPS - HI - HI - HI - HI

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Giomax, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Giomax

Giomax Member

Yesterday's thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/max-4-24-hi-please-help-with-this-dilemma.213652/

Max was HI again this morning. Looks like the lowest he got last night was in the 300s. Could be the Budesonide, could be the higher carb wet food? He's eating pretty well, so that's some good news. He loves the Moist and Tender varieties from Soulistic. I'm not giving him anything higher than 10% carbs (to my knowledge--per the food chart).

Upped him to 6 units today. Gonna get a +2 and a +3 before I leave for work.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Come on down Max

Giomax likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hope Max continues to eat well and that he'll pay attention to that dose increase and get on back to the beach where he'll feel better. Tell him to come sit at the Tiki Hut - the view is beautiful there :)

Giomax likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

And the sun is warm at the tiki hut with catinis flowing.

5. Giomax

Giomax Member

Still HI at +2
    :banghead::banghead::banghead:

6. Giomax

Giomax Member

HI @ +3

Help! :banghead::nailbiting::arghh::arghh:

7. Giomax

Giomax Member

Oh my gosh, you guys...I got to thinking...and I'm not sure I even GAVE him his shot this morning! I honestly cannot remember...I don't think I did! I feel sick to my stomach! How could I do such a dumb thing, especially now when he needs it the most? I'm on my way to work now so I can't do anything about it. Somebody PLEASE tell me he's going to be ok!! I want to cry!

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

:bighug: He will be okay. Even if you had time to go back home you aren’t sure if you did shoot so you wouldn’t be safe shooting now. Sounds like you are on overload. :bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci and Giomax like this.
  9. Giomax

Giomax Member

I feel just awful! His SS has been all reds and blacks...and my dumb butt forgets to shoot?! My anxiety is killing me right now...

10. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

He'll be okay. I have severe memory issues so one trick was to bend back the needle and securely recap the syringe leaving it where the cats could not play or knock it around. I have some sudden onset neurological thing, got a three minute warning to crawl into bed with ice packs. It was always at night and of course Noah missed his shot. You're not the first and won't be the last.

KatieKat3838 and Sue and Luci like this.
  11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It would be no different than if you gave a fur shot. This falls into the category of "sh*t happens."

12. Olive & Paula

It happen to me one night. Thought I gave it. Had it pulled up and everything. Next morning it was in the fridge in the cup I keep the pen in.

It happens, sleep deprived, mental overload, distraction. Max will be okay. Breathe. Tonight you will give him his shot in time.

13. Giomax

Giomax Member

PMPS = HI

Max hardly touched his food today....which I guess is a good thing since I forgot his AM shot? He got his full 6 units for PM, so hopefully he'll start to come back down. Just fed him some food and he ate about 3/4 small can. I'm going to keep feeding him every hour or two. He's so skinny! Please send good vibes our way so Max's BG will drop and he'll put on some weight!

14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am sending come on down nice and easy vines and eating vines to Max.

I used to get so tired sometimes with working long hours during the day and testing J.D. during the night, that I found I couldn't always trust my memory, so my routine was to take out 2 fresh syringes in the morning and I placed them on a counter the cats didn't jump on. After I gave the morning dose, I put that used syringe in the sharps container and if I thought I may have forgot the morning dose, all I had to do was look on that counter to see if there was 1 syringe left or 2 syringes. For the evening dose, after using the remaining syringe that was on the counter I would place it in the sharps container. If I doubted myself on whether I gave the dose, all I had to do was look on the counter to see if there was still a syringe there or if it was empty.

KatieKat3838 and Giomax like this.
  15. Giomax

Giomax Member

Still HI at +4

How frustrating is this! Why is he still off the charts? He's been eating all evening, but nothing over 10% (unless the food chart is incorrect). I don't feel right withholding food from him when he is SO thin. Going to check for ketones next time I catch him using the box. I'll test BG again in two hours. Wow, this sucks. My poor boy is in such a rough way. :'[

16. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

:bighug: Since he didn’t get insulin this morning being high is not a surprise. He will get back on track. Take advantage of the high numbers and get extra sleep or do something you enjoy. Please don’t be hard on yourself. FD is difficult to deal with and you are doing it-! :bighug:

17. Giomax

Giomax Member

:(

18. Bellasmom

It’s happened to all of us
    What I have and I think @Olive & Paula have 1 too, get a dry erase board and as you do things check them off, that way you see what you need to do and if it’s done

19. Olive & Paula

Not quite a dry erase board. I have a blank page of the ss. On top of my ss you see I entered the times (just easier for me). Not the one people can view, years ago I was told ss was to busy to read.

On my phone I have alarms set for every medication time (some have to be separated from others) and insulin time (so my phone always goes off, different ring tones). So alarm goes off, I give what has to given, I write it on ss, next row is her meals. I even log in the poops now (vet loves that part).

One page using 2 rows a day logs in 2 weeks at a time. This is done in excel. Every Sunday I transfer hand written to desk top and when page is full I send to vet (she needs it in excel) and print out the one page for me in color and put it in her records.

Here is a pic of her last 2 weeks. It works for me and it really doesn't take long, I do it when they are eating and as I give meds which I abbreviate. Once a week when doing household paperwork, I update computer.

Here is pic of daily handwritten and pic of completed transferred page. 20190426_095940.jpg 20190426_095140.jpg

Giomax and Bellasmom like this.
  20. Bellasmom

Thanks for clarifying, I like the way u do it, someone on here uses a dry erase board, cant remember who it is

21. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Glad to see he's a little lower than HI now. Hope he comes back down soon for you.

Giomax likes this.
  22. Giomax

Giomax Member

Crazy thing is I got up, tested him, got his food...and then somehow...forgot to draw up the syringe and shoot?! It's never happened before. I hope it never happens again!