4/27-28 calliecat ???

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by calliecat an marty, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

Hello !!

I'm confused :? would you mind taking a look at callies ss and let me know what ya think ?? I raised her dose to 2 units on 4/25 pm cycle , and today her amps was 311 and I fed 1/2 can of ff 9:00 am and checked her at + 5 2:00 pm with nothing to eat since 9 am and she was 360 ?? is this inverse or late onset or I just don't know , tonight she started out at pmps 317 and at + 4 she was 350 and she had 1/2 can of ff after I checked her pmps then I gave her the shot nothing to eat until after I check her bg! at 1:00 am, I don't know what to do I need to get her out of the pinks :sad:

2. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

My best advice at this point is to keep raising the dose every 3 days since she is still getting such high BGs at nadir. This does not look like new dose wonkiness to me, it simply looks like not yet enough insulin. We have seen this with a few cats, especially those which need several units. It doesn't seem like the Lev is having any affect, the dose goes up and up and then bamm-o all of a sudden there's a break through dose and finally you have blues and greens.

Read Tilly protocol again to help ease your concerns and give you a plan. Callie's BGs fit the profile now where you can raise dose every 3 days and by .5U at a time.

I know it's rough, but you are doing everything right at this point. Testing frequently, getting ketone checks and working your way up the dose scale. Hang in there!

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

I agree with Vicky.

Calliecat has been at higher numbers for a while so she most likely has some insulin resistance and glucose toxicity that needs to be factored in. Often, when the numbers "break" and she gets to low blues and greens the toxicity drops and then the insulin resistance lessens too. That will mean that the dose can be decreased, but you have to reach the break through dose first.

Hang in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.