? 4/30 Benny AMPS 174 shot too much?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ben&Squirrel, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

With SLGS you can shoot (the full dose) any number over 90 - provided you can monitor. Shooting low is scary at first but as you get use to shooting low, you will realize that it can lead to pretty flat cycles.

Feed a little LC at +1 and +2 and get a +2?

tiffmaxee and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  4. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

OK, thank you so much for responding, Bhooma. Looking at his spreadsheet (what did I do before the spreadsheet?) I realize that I have shot 1u with this BG before, and he has done well. I've cleared my schedule for today I can monitor him. Hypoglycemia is my worst fear and I tend to shoot less because of it, which is not good either.

Also, thanks again for the spreadsheet, you made it for me and it matters so much.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

I was going to point that out, but at that time there was no dosing protocol being followed :)

As long as you are testing and have enough supplies (test strips, high carb food and honey), you have the means to keep him safe.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  6. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

I've gotten with the program. :cool:

7. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

+2 240 He ate a lot of MC. Will keep monitoring.

8. Bandit's Mom

Why MC?

9. Ben&Squirrel

Ben&Squirrel Member

All I had. Store shelves have been bare here. As an example, just 9 cans of Friskies, total, in PetSmart, out of a huge section. Have a bit of LC on its way now.

Bandit's Mom likes this.