4/4 Jasper PMPS 387 / +6 408

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

Did we have our first fur shot? Saw the 408 and almost cried, tested him again and it was 438... I should have waited a bit... cause the one time I tried to "test" the meter with multiple strips back to back it jumped up a LOT from one strip to another.. but I was convinced it was a bad strip.

It's like he wasn't given any insulin at all tonight.
    I had the hardest time making a tent tonight but I finally did and was pretty sure it was fine, never feel wet fur but..his dose is low...I don't know what that tiny drop would even feel like on fur...

Trying not to feel defeated, will try to get some sleep and deal with it tomorrow.

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Don't let it get you down! Fur shots happen. And sometimes even when insulin gets in, the cat just has a wonky cycle. It could be do to anything...getting some higher carb food somehow, being stressed or excited, "oh look a squirrel!" syndrome, etc. In the end, it's just one number and just one cycle. He'll be okay and most likely, he'll be back to a normal cycle tomorrow. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Djamila and Jasper Blue and Jay like this.
  3. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Looking at the PS this morning, I'm not convinced that was a fur shot. He's still in need of more insulin, so my hunch is he just wasn't feeling well last night. I'd recommend increasing the dose to 0.75u when you have a cycle you can monitor. You're doing a great job with testing, so starting to move towards some healthier numbers now is going to be important.

Rachel and Bellasmom like this.